This review is for the campground. Very woodsy which we love, paved roads and paved pads with fire rings BUT the sites are very unlevel. Had we not had boards we would have been way off the ground on one side. Saw plenty of other campers also that way. Close to other points of interest also. Road the tram down to the bottom which was nice and visited Sandstone falls. We camped in motor home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vistas of the Bluestone Gorge and exciting array of recreational opportunities make Pipestem Resort State Park a favorite getaway spot. Pipestem offers guests two lodge options: the year-round McKeever Lodge and the seasonal Mountain Creek Lodge. McKeever Lodge features an indoor heated pool, game room, saunas and exercise room. Enjoy the full service Bluestone Dining Room or lighter fare and specialty coffees of the Canyon Rim Cafe. The secluded Mountain Creek Lodge can be reached only by a 3,600 foot aerial tramway that crosses the Bluestone River before delivering guests to the lodge. Each room features a balcony overlooking the river. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel Pipestem
- Pipestem Hotel State Park
- State Park Resort Pipestem