We had a very brief but lovely stay at the Pipestem Resort. We chose to stay in one of the cottages for the extra space (they have 2-4 bedrooms plus a kitchen). The cottages are certainly nothing pretty to look at and are dated, but are also very cozy, clean, and affordable. It appears that they do allow smoking in the cottages, if that might be a concern for you. The cottage includes an outdoor picnic table, charcoal grill, back deck, and firewood for the fireplace. We were very impressed by the staff who were very kind, helpful, and accommodating when we had to leave earlier than expected. The grounds were well maintained and clean.
The scenery is beautiful and deer roam around the park freely. There are several activities and sights on the grounds to keep everyone busy.
If you are looking for a secluded getaway surrounded by nature, this place is for you! Don't expect anything fancy or modern, but for the price and the available activities you'll have a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vistas of the Bluestone Gorge and exciting array of recreational opportunities make Pipestem Resort State Park a favorite getaway spot. Pipestem offers guests two lodge options: the year-round McKeever Lodge and the seasonal Mountain Creek Lodge. McKeever Lodge features an indoor heated pool, game room, saunas and exercise room. Enjoy the full service Bluestone Dining Room or lighter fare and specialty coffees of the Canyon Rim Cafe. The secluded Mountain Creek Lodge can be reached only by a 3,600 foot aerial tramway that crosses the Bluestone River before delivering guests to the lodge. Each room features a balcony overlooking the river. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel Pipestem
- Pipestem Hotel State Park
- State Park Resort Pipestem