When making reservations, make sure you pick Mountain Creek Lodge and not McKeever. Mountain Creek is at the bottom of the Bluestone River Gorge and can only be reached by the 3600 foot long aerial tram. The rooms are nothing to write home about but you can't get much more remote. Plan on deer watching everywhere you look. Cell phone reception is "iffy"... my wife was able to text but not talk on her Verizon network. The restaurant at Mountain Creek seems a bit high priced for what they were offering so we elected to eat at the McKeever one located on the 7th floor of the facility. It was okay but next time I think we'll try something outside the park. We only stayed one night but look forward to bring the grandchildren next time for a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vistas of the Bluestone Gorge and exciting array of recreational opportunities make Pipestem Resort State Park a favorite getaway spot. Pipestem offers guests two lodge options: the year-round McKeever Lodge and the seasonal Mountain Creek Lodge. McKeever Lodge features an indoor heated pool, game room, saunas and exercise room. Enjoy the full service Bluestone Dining Room or lighter fare and specialty coffees of the Canyon Rim Cafe. The secluded Mountain Creek Lodge can be reached only by a 3,600 foot aerial tramway that crosses the Bluestone River before delivering guests to the lodge. Each room features a balcony overlooking the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Pipestem Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel Pipestem
- Pipestem Hotel State Park
- State Park Resort Pipestem