We understand this is a State property and funds are not always available for improvements. We stayed at the McKeever Lodge. They have made some nice updates since our last visit several years ago (tile floor in bathroom and new carpet in room, some of the furniture appears to be of the same set). The sink in the bathroom is attached to the wall with very little space to place your toiletries. We couldn't seem to get enough light to see well in the room, despite at least four lamps (perhaps low wattage bulbs to save money?). Overall, the room was average - they could lose the quilted bedspreads. We stayed two nights and were quite surprised that housekeeping did not make our bed when they serviced our room after the first night. Leeann at check-in was a surly person who got us off to a bad start with her nastiness and lack of knowledge (among other things, she prints the weather forecast and places it on the counter for guests to see - but she commented that she doesn't even look at it). Nathan - one of the Park Rangers was a delight, making recommendations and checking on the safety of crossing the river. The paddleboat was a nice change of pace and provided nice solitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vistas of the Bluestone Gorge and exciting array of recreational opportunities make Pipestem Resort State Park a favorite getaway spot. Pipestem offers guests two lodge options: the year-round McKeever Lodge and the seasonal Mountain Creek Lodge. McKeever Lodge features an indoor heated pool, game room, saunas and exercise room. Enjoy the full service Bluestone Dining Room or lighter fare and specialty coffees of the Canyon Rim Cafe. The secluded Mountain Creek Lodge can be reached only by a 3,600 foot aerial tramway that crosses the Bluestone River before delivering guests to the lodge. Each room features a balcony overlooking the river. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel Pipestem
- Pipestem Hotel State Park
- State Park Resort Pipestem