This was our first visit to Pipestem and the Park was really nice, but very dissappointed in the Lodge rooms. We got a suite, thinking that would be better. After waiting until 4 pm to check-in, we were in a room as far from the elevator and lobby as you could be placed. It caught the evening sun and was 80 degrees in the room every afternoon until well past dark. Needless to say we were very uncomfortable. The drapes were covered in dust. I used the pool and the ladies dressing area was very bad. There was water all over the floor and the sauna was broken and in need of repairs. I understand it has lots of age on it, but renovations should be done as needed. The golf shop grill only had one employee to do it all and the small cafe was the same way. We were a group of 9 and it took a while to get our food. These were in need of repairs also. The employees were very nice and I am sure these problems were out of their control.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vistas of the Bluestone Gorge and exciting array of recreational opportunities make Pipestem Resort State Park a favorite getaway spot. Pipestem offers guests two lodge options: the year-round McKeever Lodge and the seasonal Mountain Creek Lodge. McKeever Lodge features an indoor heated pool, game room, saunas and exercise room. Enjoy the full service Bluestone Dining Room or lighter fare and specialty coffees of the Canyon Rim Cafe. The secluded Mountain Creek Lodge can be reached only by a 3,600 foot aerial tramway that crosses the Bluestone River before delivering guests to the lodge. Each room features a balcony overlooking the river. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel Pipestem
- Pipestem Hotel State Park
- State Park Resort Pipestem