“Great Price and great place to stay.”
Review of Fort Hill Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Petersburg
Fort Hill Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Petersburg
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had always drove by this motel many times without staying overnight, Will I finely stay on a Friday night and I can tell you I've stayed in some nice places before in some big cities, but I was surprise at how clean and nice this place was. The room isn't the biggest, but you have everything you need, a good clean bed, clean bath and linens. There was a pool, but it had shut down the weekend before I stayed, but the owner said that if I wanted she could open it for me. By the way the owner are some of the nicest people you could ever meet. For me if i'm in the Petersburg area again then this will be my place to stay. By the way did I say that is only cost me $57.00 for the night, now these day's that is a good deal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fun little roadside motel with reasonable rates and smiling faces to spare. I was in the area for work for 2 days and had my daughter, so the pool was appealing. There aren't many hotels in the area with a pool. Well, no other pools within a half hours drive. I took a chance based on a few other review, and I wasn't disappointed. I suggest calling ahead because they do close the office around 9pm or so. We were warmly greeted, offered free popcorn as we checked in and my daughter enjoyed the fish tank. The pool was well kept, and is the centerpiece of a lovely courtyard area with chaise lounges, chairs and tables to enjoy pool watching, lunch, sunning, or as I did, working on my laptop using the available WiFi connection. I was cautioned on check in that they were having trouble with the local provider, area wide, and it was a bit slow that first night, but worked great after that.

The room was very clean, if small, but well appointed. It included a microwave and fridge, a small air conditioner, and a LCD tv on a wall mount. The bathroom was decent sized, and the whole place is well lit.

The staff again proved friendly the next few days and my daughter played in the pool and around the grounds with the maids little girl

We had the opportunity to hike up to Fort Mulligan for somewhat of a history/nature stroll one evening, and located lots of wildlife, mushrooms, wildflowers and were able to make out and identify all the historical features pointed out by the signage. It's an easy drive to Seneca Rocks, Seneca Caverns, Smoke Hole Caverns, the trough area of the Potomac River (in nearby Moorefield). There's a Sheetz and a Subway just a few minutes up the street towards town as well, for all day and late night type foods.

The hotel also offers a half basketball court out back, other game type activity potential, a sandbox area with toys for the kids, a gazebo out front with chairs for relaxing and enjoying a lovely Potomac Highlands view. The hits just keep coming at Fort Hill, and for a bargain $60 a night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mcgervey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent our vacation here at the motel just swimming in the pool and relaxing in the room & property! This was our fourth visit to this property and every time we notice added improvements to the already perfect getaway!

Surrounded by the beautiful rolling West Virginia hills, this motel offers several sitting areas where you can sit and enjoy the view! At poolside, there are several deck chairs and loungers, as well as cafe tables for picnicking. An outdoor grill is also available.

There is a sandbox, tetherball, basketball and horseshoe area.

The rooms are simple, but beautiful, and clean. The rooms have a microwave, refrigerator and flat-screen tv with a great range of channels suited for every member of the family, including HGTV, Hallmark, Disney channels, Nick,, ESPN & Fox Sports, just to name a few! I cannot stress enough how quiet the rooms are. The motel was completely booked with bikers & youth participating in ball games, yet we could not detect much noise at all! The rooms have 2 windows with screens if you like fresh air.

The owners are extremely friendly and accommodating. The staff helpful and friendly.

I'm not sure why the other reviewers say the pool is small. It seems extra large to me and certainly bigger than those at the chain hotels! With a 3'-9' depth. My hubby who is tall loves the extended depth that you don't get at other hotels/motels.

Room Tip: 235 is a 2 queen bed room that is larger and is also situated very close to the pool. It also has a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Old style motel, but updated and clean. Small pool if you like. Also a horseshoe pit, Gazebo, tetherball, sandbox and a friendly cat. Old Civil war era fort behind the Motel. What more do you want? TV, Fridge, coffee, Micro. Access to great roads. Great price. Friendly staff. I normally like to have a restaurant within walking distance, but the town is close. You could call in a Pizza order and have it delivered.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Birddawg
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have stayed at this motel for over a year, off and on, during a contract job I have had in the area. Sarah always worked with my crazy night shift schedule and would block a room off the night before I would be checking in just so when I got off work at 0700, I could go to the room. She placed the key in a convenient location, allowing me to get in my room before the office opened and I could rest all day and then take care of the bill. She always placed me in a room that was away from the majority of any noise that I may encounter and was very respectful of where housekeeping would be cleaning so that I would not be interrupted with the sound of a sweeper. The walls are fairly thick and I never had an issue with noise. Although some of the rooms are small, they are clean and most have been upgraded. Good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The rooms are clean. The pool is small but enough for the kids to play around. Standard room was a little small but didn't spend much time in the room anyway. The view is great, very relaxing. Air conditioner however is VERY loud. You can't hear yourselves talk. Hotel grounds themselves are clean and well kept. Fort Mulligan is directly behind the motel and you can walk or run some laps around the trails there for an early morning workout.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dan H
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Very clean rooms. The room had every comfort that we needed. The pool was just lovely after a 103 degree day! The is our second stay here and I would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank debs4nature
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Canaan Valley Resort
Park Motel
#2 of 2 in Petersburg
Breath of Heaven Bed and Breakfast
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser

Been to Fort Hill Motel? Share your experiences!