“Good place to stay”
Review of Fort Hill Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Petersburg
Fort Hill Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Petersburg
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have stayed at this motel for over a year, off and on, during a contract job I have had in the area. Sarah always worked with my crazy night shift schedule and would block a room off the night before I would be checking in just so when I got off work at 0700, I could go to the room. She placed the key in a convenient location, allowing me to get in my room before the office opened and I could rest all day and then take care of the bill. She always placed me in a room that was away from the majority of any noise that I may encounter and was very respectful of where housekeeping would be cleaning so that I would not be interrupted with the sound of a sweeper. The walls are fairly thick and I never had an issue with noise. Although some of the rooms are small, they are clean and most have been upgraded. Good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean. The pool is small but enough for the kids to play around. Standard room was a little small but didn't spend much time in the room anyway. The view is great, very relaxing. Air conditioner however is VERY loud. You can't hear yourselves talk. Hotel grounds themselves are clean and well kept. Fort Mulligan is directly behind the motel and you can walk or run some laps around the trails there for an early morning workout.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dan H
Chillicothe, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Very clean rooms. The room had every comfort that we needed. The pool was just lovely after a 103 degree day! The is our second stay here and I would definitely return.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank debs4nature
West Baldwin, ME
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed at Fort Hill Motel on April 28th. Our standard room was on the small side, but well equipped with flat screen TV, room AC, mini-refrigerator that readily made ice, microwave, coffee maker, two comfortable chairs with one located at a combination desk with lamp, and a queen-sized comfortable bed above which was mounted a fluorescent fixture with one lamp directed over the bed for reading and another directed upward to help illuminate the room. The small bath had a counter with single basin, wall-mounted hair dryer, generous mirror beneath a lamp in addition to a ceiling lamp, exhaust fan, tub/shower combination, and toilet in a partially separated corner. The room was very clean and well-kept. At $58 plus 5% state and 5% city taxes, this is an unbeatable value.

Room Tip: Parking spaces for corner rooms at the far right end from the office cancel each other out, although...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank afriCATreks
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We were surprised to find such a lovely, friendly, immaculately maintained property in such a rural area. Smoke free was another plus. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Peggeandmike
virginia
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This place is fabulous! Very clean, spacious rooms. Service was friendly, I felt like I was right at home. When staying here you'll want to plan time to spend at the hotel just relaxing and enjoying the view!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank mommajd
UK
Reviewed May 23, 2011

My husband and I were travelling with my mother who is disabled. We stayed in the suite which suited us well. Everything was clean and in good order. Reception was good. We took a little wander around to see the pool, even though we were not going to use it. It was very good. Only wish we could have had a few nights there, A Thomas

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank AnnTUk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Canaan Valley Resort
Lost River Bed & Breakfast
Lost River Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 3 in Lost River
Lost Forest Bed & Breakfast

Been to Fort Hill Motel? Share your experiences!