Avalon Resort
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
$92
$145
TripAdvisor
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland(Cumberland)(Great Value!)
$94
$53
Travelocity
$87
$60
All reviewslodge roomsoutdoor poolmusic festivalclothing optional resortother guestshot tubthe barnfirst timersthe real worldlounge chairssat at the barmet some great peopleslot machinessingle manberkeley springstubssauna
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed 2 nights and 2 days with dinners, breakfasts, spa, bar, and party. New Year Eve Party and buffet were well done. In particular, service by Tammy and Valerie was outstanding throughout entire stay. Reasonable costs. Live band would have been better than a DJ, but DJ was satisfactory.

Room Tip: Rooms are essentially the same, except at either end or at middle entrance where noise is greater.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ken S
JodysHusband, Web Master at Avalon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I too prefer a band as well, but the acoustics in the lodge don't support a band well. In warmer weather, we occasionally have a band in the barn. Dave, who was our DJ for Nude Years Eve, is one of the best we have.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed I the lodge this past Saturday and Sunday night for my first trip to Avalon. As others have said the walls and doors are thin but who cares the room was nice and served its purpose (to sleep). With the pools, nudisno and grounds there was tons to enjoy where you only wanted to be in the room to sleep. The staff was friendly from the waitstaff to the bartender and even the groundscrew. The food was good and reasonable. Others mention it being "clicky" I found that this was just fine since the clicks were people who lived there or frequented there. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Steve112975
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The drive to Paw Paw is beautiful. Once you head to the mountains, the sites are definitely worth the drive. Getting to Avalon is off the beatin path. The signage is good and you know when you see the apple Avalon sign. The staff are very nice. The 'cruise' like accounting is convenient for purchases of food and beverages. The prices are reasonable. You can not bring outside alcohol if you stay in the lodge...or bring in alcohol to the pool areas unless you purchase from Avalon. There is limited wifi...no phone or TV in the Room...no cell service....zip...nada. They have movie night...but warning...you will sit at a dinner table for 2 hours. The folks are all friendly, but lots of regular 'clicks'. The lodge accommodations are bare...literally. Bring your own soap, shampoo, and conditioner. The bath towels are actually very nice...but bring your own towels for dinner and functions throughout the 'resort'. There is a resort fee...for the amenities. The sheets have cigarette burns...it is a bit run down but clean. The walls are PAPER thin...loud guests walking to beeakfast. Overall, a relaxed environment.

Room Tip: Get an even numbered room for a mountain view...odd numbers face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Travel2much4work
JodysHusband, Web Master at Avalon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

We have informed housekeeping, as there should have been soap, shampoo and conditioner in your room. Also, sheets with burn marks are unacceptable. If you come back and find an issue, please let the General Manager or any staff person know of the problem, and it will be rectified.

We agree, the rooms are a bit run down. We are in the process of revamping them (3 done so far) but it will be a couple more years before they are all done. Next time you come, ask for one of the refurbished rooms and let us know if you like the improvement.

You are very correct, there is no cell phone service. Until the cell phone companies put towers up in our range, there is nothing we can do. We have offered to allow several companies to put a tower on property, but they have declined.

There is WiFi in the lodge and nudsino, but it is DSL and is all that is available in our part of WV. There are no phones nor TVs in the rooms, and we have no plans on installing them. The small usage will not justify the expense.

Yes, you have to provide your own towels for sitting on outside of your room. This is standard at nudist clubs.

I do hope you return and give us another chance. Naturally, we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The ride up there on my motorcycle was very pleasant as I enjoyed the smooth winding road. The resort is in a secluded location but is well maintained. There is a gate that I had to pass through to get in, and I found the people at the desk friendly and helpful. The grounds are clean and the people there friendly. We enjoyed tennis and swimming, as well as simply lounging around during the mid day sun. Everyone I met both in terms of the staff and the other guests were nice to me. Even though this was my first nudist outing, I felt very comfortable. I liked that there was an indoor pool so when it got hot during the afternoon we could get out of the sun. The place is large and I could go for a long hike too. I look forward to returning. I can't share a photo because photos are forbidden. Note that as a "first timer" the day fee is waived.

Room Tip: I didn't stay over night so I can't comment on this.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank smarc1215
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was my very first time at a 'naturalist' resort. My husband and I camped at a site with water and electric and a tent. Once I got there, I felt so comfortable! I couldn't believe how easy-going everyone is and happy. How can you not be happy when you are nude?! If it is your first time experiencing this type of resort, don't hesitate. Everyone is very friendly, tactful and respectful. We spent all day and everyday in their pools! The pools are very clean and the water is perfect!!! And, no tan lines!! :) The staff is very helpful and courteous. The food at the lodge is AWESOME. My husband and I cannot wait to go back. We may go to Avalon Fest in August if we can get away. This experience was the most unique-and one of the best times I have ever had. My husband and I decided we will make this trip at least once a year. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple