WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“First time--Felt natural!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avalon Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paw Paw
Avalon Resort
Clarksburg, West Virginia
“First time--Felt natural!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was my very first time at a 'naturalist' resort. My husband and I camped at a site with water and electric and a tent. Once I got there, I felt so comfortable! I couldn't believe how easy-going everyone is and happy. How can you not be happy when you are nude?! If it is your first time experiencing this type of resort, don't hesitate. Everyone is very friendly, tactful and respectful. We spent all day and everyday in their pools! The pools are very clean and the water is perfect!!! And, no tan lines!! :) The staff is very helpful and courteous. The food at the lodge is AWESOME. My husband and I cannot wait to go back. We may go to Avalon Fest in August if we can get away. This experience was the most unique-and one of the best times I have ever had. My husband and I decided we will make this trip at least once a year. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Janice S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Avalon is an oasis in the beautiful eastern end of West Virginia. The drive to get to Avalon is stress-free as you encounter rolling hills and gorgeous vistas of the mountains and valleys. Upon entering Avalon you are greeted with a smile. The outdoor pool is large and sunny, and the indoor pool (with two hot tubs) is a nice getaway from the sun. In my opinion, there is nothing more relaxing and freeing than nude hiking, and Avalon has plenty of well-marked trails. Grab a water bottle, put on some good walking shoes, and pick up a walking stick along the way, and feel yourself become one with nature. I love Avalon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank Stephen C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have been going to Avalon for a few years and have always loved the experience. Great place. Nice people. they have hikes in the woods on saturdays lasting about an hour, the resort is over 200 acres. A truly wonderfull place for Nature Lovers. The staff is very friendly and Helpful.

Damian

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Damian f
burgh757@verizon.net
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Avalon is a very unique experience. There are so many stressful experiences in life and they all disappear in this beautiful resort situated in the WVA mountains. One can be as active as they want with indoor and outdoor pools, tennis and petanque courts and indoor/outdoor volleyball. You can participate in dances and planned activities or relax while walking in the woods and enjoying the lovely surroundings. There are lodge rooms or condos for rent as well as a roomy, full service campground. Pets on leash are permitted.

Room Tip: Like rooms in the center of the lodge overlooking the mountains. Condos are nice if you like to have...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank scarletd0g
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

We've stayed at Avalon several times over the last ten years. In the summer or on theme weekends, it can be a entertaining place to be. We've always stay in the lodge which connects directly to the pool and hot tub area, dinner room, and bar making it very convenient. The outside pool is just a short walk away. The lodge rooms are not fancy but comfortable. There are no TVs in the room or cell phone service, but there is WIFI available. If you want to get away from it all, this is the place. We were there on a Friday night. We had a good meal in the dining room and enjoyed hanging out in the bar. Had a nice stay. Normally we would have stayed Saturday night, but had to be elsewhere. We thought about stopping on Sunday, but everything closes up a 8 PM so we decided to pass.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the dining room are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sel2512
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have been going to Avalon for years and have always loved the experience. Great place. Nice people. Relaxing. Unfortunately, this last trip had one incident that I feel I must report. There was a wine tasting on Saturday. One of the ladies who participated drank a lot and apparently continued to drink the rest of the day. By dinner time, she was LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. She was hanging on people and making quite a scene. I went the next day to report the incident and was literally stopped cold when I got to the office. There is a photo board of staff. The loud, obnoxious drunk was on staff. Her name is Gette. Why was an employee crocked on duty? She was listed as the guest DJ. Even more disquieting, I also recognized one of the "witnesses" to the incident. She is the Assistant Manager. She sat there during the incident and did not see fit to try to stop it or escort the drunk out. Seeing this, I figured it was not worth my time to file a complaint. Who should I send it to? The Assistant manager was there and did not seem inclined to intervene. Anyone can get out of control, but it's pretty disturbing when one of the employees is the one who is unruly.

It’s really to bad, because other than this, I have always found Avalon to be a little slice of Heaven on Earth

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank EasternRVman
JodysHusband, Web Master at Avalon Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
The staff member in question, has been spoken too. Our goal is always to ensure that our guests have a wonderful, stress free time. Should an issue arise, please speak to the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Office Manager, or another staff member immediately. The sooner we know of an issue, the quicker we can nip it in the bud.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Paw Paw, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Avalon is a wonderful place, either for a short getaway, a weeks vacation or to live here. It has a beautiful indoor pool and 2 hot tubs. It also has an outdoor pool with a snack bar.
There is most always a dance on Saturday nights. There is a Nudsino that is open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.. There is a beautiful campground here and lots of trails to walk on.
You are surrounded by beautiful mountains..We bought our first condo at Avalon in 2005 - we moved to Avalon from upstate NY in 2007. We bought our 2nd condo to rent in 2009. We have been doing a great business with our rental unit. Everyone raves about it. Feel free to stop by and visit us at condo 1021.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank WVcondo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paw Paw
Cacapon Resort State Park
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 6 in Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 6 in Berkeley Springs
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs Inn
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs In...
#2 of 6 in Berkeley Springs
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Rocky Gap Casino Resort
#1 of 1 in Flintstone
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,112 reviews

Been to Avalon Resort? Share your experiences!