“Nice resort, very friendly guests and staff”
Review of Avalon Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paw Paw
Avalon Resort
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We went to Avalon in March 2012 for our first time (hint- use the free day pass on their webiste). The staff was great, from providing driving directions, to greeting us Friday evening and getting us settled, to the events throughout our weekend stay. The pool was very nice and I really enjoyed the (2) hot tubs. We stayed in the lodge, which was very convenient to the dining, bar, and pool area. We both enjoyed the planned activities (it was St Patricks weekend) and the ability to do our own thing at any time. We did a fair amount of walking the grounds, and really enjoyed the trails and a very strenuous walk to the local residential community right above Avalon. Our room was right next to the dining hall- a down side because we didn't think about the dance being there one evening and a movie the other, and the walls are paper thin. Next time we will definitely stay more in the middle or maybe in one of the condos. But for convenience, the lodge can't be beat. He was very sad to find out there was no TV in the room, but he survived! I was easily able to hook up to the WIFI from our room and also from the pool area. Cell phone service is pretty much not possible. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Find out what activities are going on in the dining hall after the standard dining hours, and plan y...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank manormeow2

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Avalon is the only thing I have ever done that has totally relaxed me. I spent one season tent camping and then bought myself a camper and moved in. I love it there. I have the feeling I never want to leave. Every weekend is different. I love my little get a way and the summers are priceless. Nudity isn't for everyone but if you always wanted to try, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I have never stayed in a room
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank POD618
Reviewed February 12, 2012

When I arrive at Avalon I can feel all my stress just fall off when approaching the gates. The prices are great, the grounds are beautiful, the staff is so courteous an helpfull, and the other guests and residents are very friendly and welcoming!! I would rather drive the 6 hours it takes me to get Avalon, then drive less then an hour and a half, to go to one of the three around me in my area. I can't say enough an I can't wait to go back, again and again!!

Room Tip: I did not stay in a room when I was there I was tent camping. A friend of mine had a room an I did...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PAnudist29
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My wife and I visited Avalon for the first time last month and had a good time. It was very nice floating around the pool, the hottubs were relaxing, the food was pretty good and we met some very nice folks. If you have not tried a nudist resort, you don't know what your missing!! Being naked is too much fun!

The only negative that we noticed was that the bar area (nudsino?), allowed smoking and we really found it quite irritating. We would have loved to hang out a bit and have a few drinks, but wound up sitting by the pool instead. All in all, we had a good time and will be back for sure.

Room Tip: They have no TV service in the rooms, so bring a book!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank warren p
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have traveled to many nudist resorts in the past 12 years and I would rate Avalon as average. They claim to be open year-round, but the aquatics center is only open weekends during the winter. The food is okay, but over priced. The rooms are also over priced and of very low quality. The people are indeed friendly, but the staff has a tendency to lash out at guests and members. Overall, it is a nice play to visit...just remember your checkbook to afford everything.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
8  Thank colormecrazy
JodysHusband, Web Master at Avalon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

We are indeed open year round on weekends. In the winter months, the indoor pool and lodge rooms are closed during weekdays as a cost savings measure. Since your visit last August, we have been adjusting the menus, and pricing. This is an on-going process. This is posted on our web site, in our newsletter, and those making reservations on the phone are informed of any services that might not be available during their stay. As for staff lashing out at guests, I do hope management was immediately informed. If not, there is little we can do to resolve such issues. I do hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Avalon is a friendly clothing optional Resort. The woods are beautiful, the facilities are clean, the hot tubs are relaxing, the fireplace in the lodge is toasty in the fall, the casino is fun, the bartender is more fun. We really like going to Avalon because we feel comfortable, and relaxed, the people are 'down to earth" and easy going. We will be regulars.

Room Tip: Condos are much nicer than lodge rooms and pets are allowed.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My husband and I are members. We signed up for a membership on our first visit. It is a wonderful place/community of people who are friendly and really care about each other. It is clean and will make you feel at home and very relaxed. We highly recommend it. Try a free day pass from their website.

Room Tip: We stayed at the cabin and loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Avalon Resort? Share your experiences!