“Outstanding service”

Blackwater Outdoor Adventures
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Parsons
Type: Other
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering family friendly adventures, whitewater rafting, canoeing, kayaking, tubing, fishing, flyfishing and camping. Located in historic St. George outside the Canaan Valley and Blackwater Falls State Parks.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We have been going to Blackwater Outdoor's for the past 5 years. They work hard to provide you the best experience possible. Sometimes the water level is favorable, and sometimes you have to portage your canoe, but they will advise you on the best trip given the conditions. We plan to come back many more times over the years.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My friends and I (group of 6) camped on BOA's field for the incredibly affordable price of $5/person and then took the Cheat Narrows rafting trip with lunch included. The campsite was very spacious and had beautiful views of the river and surrounding mountains and woods. There were a few other folks camping, but it felt very private. The rafting trip itself was a blast and our guide was fun and adventurous. Would definitely recommend to others.

3  Thank Mike P
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have been canoeing on the Cheat River many times over the years with this organization. Each time has been a different experience depending on the water level and the time of year. We have had times where we had to portage our canoe and times where we bounced over the ripples and floated happily downstream. We always bring lunch so that we can stop midway and enjoy the water, the scenery, and the tranquility. We always see baby ducklings. The staff at Blackwater Outdoor Adventures are always extremely helpful and friendly. We go on the 6 mile canoe trip which is just the right amount of time. I would highly recommend this trip for couples and families.

1  Thank AGMAT
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My family took a 6 mile canoe trip down Blackwater River on July 28th, 2011. We were delighted to see deer, a snake and we even heard an eagle. The river was a little low but that did not prevent us from having a really good time. It was my first time in a canoe and I didn't have any trouble navigating through the various low spots along the way. It took us about 3 1/2 hours to complete the trip. The staff was very friendly. My children also enjoyed the trip.

1  Thank sjbeacham316

Been to Blackwater Outdoor Adventures? Share your experiences!