“Love It”

Tampico Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 109 Restaurants in Parkersburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Welcome to Tampico Mexican Restaurant! A family-friendly restaurant with a warm and welcoming atmosphere, Tampico features a wide selection of delicious Mexican fare with a homemade approach. Customers love our molcajete azteca, chili relleno, sizzlin fajitas, shrimp ranchero, carne asada, burritos, and huge variety of margaritas! From the moment you walk in, you'll be amazed by the friendly service. Our staff can often be found greeting guests at the door or checking in while you dine to make sure you are loving the food. Whether you've been dining with us for years or it's your first time visiting, we look forward to treating you like family!
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The food is delicious, the cheese dip is to die for, a little pricey but absolutely worth it. Endless baskets of fresh warm chips and salsa. The service is always friendly, courteous and welcoming. My kids not only love the food but all the staff as well, definitely a favorite.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My silverware had what I think were multiple bean stains and my waitress scoffed at me when I asked her to bring me a new pair.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My food and my kids' was very cold and NOT TASTY at all! Our waitress wanted us out of there and was rushing us to finish! On top of that, the restrooms were EXTREMELY DIRTY

1  Thank LoganN60713
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I really enjoy this restaurant. The staff is friendly, service is quick and the food is good. They serve tasty food in a cheery atmosphere. I have eaten here many times, taken friends. I have never yet had a bad experience. The chips are good, not overly greasy; the salsa and white cheese dip are particular favorites of mine

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Outside of the service the entire experience was pretty horrible. They definitely lack the mexican touch to the food. I had the mexican steak and you would have thought I ordered beef jerky. Absolutely absent of the great mexican cuisine flavors one would expect. Food was very bland and the steak was delivered on a hotplate that virtually turned it into charcoal. It was suppose to be a ribeye medium rare and I still don't quite know what was on the plate. The sauce with chips was very waterty and tasted more out of a jar.