“Best Mexican Restaurant in Parkersburg”

Gran Ranchero Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 109 Restaurants in Parkersburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I travel the Mid Atlantic region alot, I love mexican food alot and therefore I eat here alot to the point the waiters know me. This is the best mexican food I've found, best part it's in my home town.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was hoping for a great Mexican meal and by the way people on Yelp talk about this place I was excited. Well.....it is not true. The service was great, but the flavor of the food was horrible.
-The salsa had almost no flavor
-The fajita burrito had a white cheese sauce----gross
-The meat and vegetables had NO seasoning
-The plate the food was served on was steaming hot like the food was sitting in an oven
-The burrito was not even wrapped. The meat and veggies were just covered with the flour tortillas

I would not come here again!

Wait....if my grandma wants Mexican I would bring her here since there is no flavor in their food.

2  Thank dmscotto
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I greatly enjoy the fajitas and service and generally make a point of going here at least once whenever I'm in town. However, I used to also enjoy their margaritas, but now they taste watered down and are inconsistent, I'm not sure what happened but I hope they fix it!

Reviewed April 13, 2011

We went here b/c of previous reviews, hopeful that it would be great! We moved here from Texas. Salsa is ok, food is ok, we had a taco dinner & an enchilada dinner. Our strawberry margaritas tasted watered down & had a bad strawberry flavoring. The beans & rice were good, but we like Los Agaves alot better. We would also go to Tampico's & El Mariachi's before returning here again.

Reviewed March 3, 2011

I live in the area and have been going to this restaurant for 15+ years. Formerly known as El Ranchero, they have a super friendly and competant staff with exellent service. Whenever my food comes out I am always surprised at how fast it arrives....every time. They serve the best AND strongest margaritas in town (frozen ones are always better). They have new flat screen televisions in all of the corners. A lot of the servers who work there have been there for YEARS so they are very efficient and knowledgable of their jobs. It's fun to go on a Mariachi Monday when they have the live band and $2.99 ritas! Sometimes we get their amazing salsa to go for $1.00 for a small cup, it is SO worth it. It is a very fun and authentic Mexican atmosphere. They have never messed up our order in all the years I have gone and I always know we will have a great experience. I honestly have NO idea why anyone would go to Tampico or Las Agaves...they pale in comparison. The only things I could complain about are the restrooms because they are often so busy they can tend to be neglected, but that is only sometimes. Also, it gets pretty hot and stuffy inside in the summer months.