“Not our first choice as a destination”

Jimmy Colombo's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 110 Restaurants in Parkersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stopped here because my wife had to eat right away, because of her diabetes, and the cars in the parking lot indicated it was worth a try.. Staff is friendly and the ambiance is nice, but we were not impressed with the food. The "eeeuuuwww" review is an accurate description of the side salad that comes with the meal. We jokingly said after we got home that " the best part of the meal was the garlic bread."

1  Thank jksisler

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Traveling north on I -77 stopped for gas in Parkersburg. I asked for a recommendation on a place to eat and Colombos was it.... It's been there for almost 60 years and I an see why!!!!! Pizza was incredible and the meatballs were better than my grandmas!!! Great local flavor and really glad we stopped!!!

6  Thank Mike S
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Not a franchise feel.... Relaxing to see a staff that seems like they are part of the restaurant!!! Very clean and great food .. I was introduced to Jimmy and Mike Colombo
(The Owners) who were super cool guys who really care about their place and their hometown!!

4  Thank Watchman12
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Colombo Family has operated their great Italian restaurant and local landmark for several generations. It's a favorite eating place for locals. The food is great, authentic and they serve ample portions. Locals coming back for family visits and class reunions always make it a point to eat at Colombo's while they're here.

The restaurant is on 7th Street, which is a little off the beaten path, but we all find our way there to enjoy the food and atmosphere. The walls are adorned with photographs of celebrities, most of which are sport's figures. These pictures are taken with members of the Colombo Family when the sports stars ate there. Most recently, Brittney Lincicome made a point to eat at Colombo's with her family when she came in for a visit.

This is a welcoming spot with terrific food, atmosphere, warmth and hospitality.

3  Thank Jeane C
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This local restaurant was operating ever since before I was a kid of the 50's.Dad had a business nearby then,before we moved north into real Italian 1st and 2nd generation towns where you're as likely to hear spoken Italian and broken English as anywhere in America then.And I love Italian food,ranks as among my very favorites among regionalities of food styles as well.I find Carribbean foods,Latino,Mexican,Cuban,and various Asian styles appealing as well.Fresh is always better no matter where you are and whats consumed.So...,with all that said,I bet I've not eaten here a dozen times since moving back to the region over 40 years ago and in fact travel back to Wellsburg or over to Fairmont Clarksburg for Italian thats regional and spectacularly so when compared to Columbo's offerings.Maybe its just a matter of taste,cause I know and appreciate the family that owns and operates this place and value them highly in our community,its just I really love the Italian cooking styles that I was raised with,and this isn't close..miles off. Mom always said that If you can;t say anything good about something,then don't bother.So other than the foods average and the walls are interesting history of photos...

2  Thank clintaft