“Musical rooms”

Travelodge Parkersburg
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Parkersburg
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Our first room appeared the maid had not finished her work; the second room the heater made a noise and then quit heating, the third room was clean and we enjoyed a nice evening.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 2, 2014

First night, bit by bedbugs. We immediately asked to be moved to another room. This room was in fact even worse. The infestation was truly horrifying. We made the mistake of paying the weekly rate.It was pure hell let me tell you! We bought bedbug spray by raid and it seemed to have helped...though the next night they attacked with a terrifying vengeance. I could stand the torment and misery no longer and we left before our stay was up I mean who wouldn't?

I truly feel sorry for whoever is ushered into any of these rooms at this hotel...We were moved six rooms down and bedbugs were still a huge problem. The customer service was very unconcerned about this...how typical though are they not concerned about bringing home some buggy freeloaders?

I could see the white translucent babies in the freaking carpet moving around...our truck became infested and today we spent the entire day bagging up what we had already bagged and tapping it shut. Hundreds of dollars we threw away, as these things get into everything. I did not want to bring these back to my house which is a veritable paradise for these pests, considering all the many hiding places I have, I like to decorate and over the years...anyway, we have never experienced a hotel with this in our lives...perhaps we have been lucky and have only now realized the horrors.

We thought the nightmare was over but we have been seeing black lint like things on our bodies but where could they be coming from? I was wearing black plush pjs so I figured this was the reason but I was wrong.

I was getting bit sharply and the culprit is no where to be seen then I find a piece of lint...did some research these are called black pepper mites...commonly known as bird mites. Yes this hotel allows pets of any kind it seems. Luckily they are not as difficult to get rid of as bedbugs, simply wash everything and god I pray they just leave finally!

My advice for anyone thinking of staying at this joke of a hotel is this...Go somewhere else and be smart...check for signs of infestation. We have never had to deal with them and didn't know what we were getting ourselves into. This place needs to be shut down...the simple hard truth.

They won't call an exterminator in because it's too pricey. If you are running a hotel then this is a necessary cost. Worst experience of my life. For anyone suffering from these things let me tell you that rubbing alcohol 91 percent works wonders for relieving those itches and killing the bedbugs on sight. However only high heats such as a dryer or a steamer will kill the eggs as well as the bugs. On the ride back home with the lights out I could feel them crawling all over me in the dark, I will forever be traumatized over this, no joke. Dia dio diao well that long d word earth powder hopefully is working as we speak...it better not be lying to me that is kills in 24 hours, which one or less would have been fine with me.

The adults only come out at night as I learned. The other two stages of their disgusting lives they are around and biting during the day as well. Or perhaps those were the mites that were thriving in this room as well. If despite this you want to stay here, then you are absolutely nuts. Have plenty of rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle...the bedbugs you see will die instantly when sprayed however look forward to more trigger happy fun when the babies hatch and go looking for breakfast lunch and dinner.

This review is long but I feel that people should be made aware of this place, do not blindly consider the new mattresses in the rooms to be a sign of cleanliness as we did. It is merely a sign of being cheap on their part. Buy a mattress make it look like this room is so clean...better that than actually pay to get rid of these bugs, right? No you're so wrong whoever you are who thinks this way.

The maid came to the door as was like do you want me to vacuum? Well I don't mean to tell you your job but if you just set yourself up like that then...Yes, and while you're at it get rid of these bedbugs! Oh yeah, make sure you get those babies about to hatch...oh what over already? No don't go stay a while and we'll chat about cleaning remedies. I'm being hateful but this was a horrible horrible experience. After this no more hotels for us. There is no way I'm taking a chance of this happening again.

Do not torment yourself by staying here, an infestation this bad will eventually reach the other miraculously clean rooms that received five star reviews....STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!!

Room Tip: Turn around and leave, do not stay here!