“stains and smells” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Parkersburg

Travelodge Parkersburg
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Parkersburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
CLEVELAND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

we stay at this facilty 2-3 times a year and get between 4-6 rooms at a time..we make our reservations early enough that we should be lodged together..we were completely scattered around the property..if THAT happens again we will find another place..no remote..that worked..seems this place has started down hill..the people are ncie..but for the loyality we have shown this facilty we deserve better..there are other hotels on the same street that we may have to consider in the future..and my name is not burton..my name is jack..also..i am/was a member wyndham but got screwed out of points/free stays previously so i do not care about your program..only reason we stayed at a wyndham property is that previously it was pretty good for what we wanted..this trip it was not

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

1 Thank jack g
St. Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was there for two months working and when the owner realized we were oil and gas workers he doubled our rent from $800 a month to over $1600 a month and their only explanation was," we can do what we want" and if we didnt like it ,we could leave. We complained for weeks to the corporate office and all they said was it was a franchise and there was nothing they could do. The front desk staff are very rude and the only WiFi is in the office, contrary to what they advertised. I kept my room very clean and used nothing(towels, blankets, sheets, pillows, toiletries, toilet paper) in the room but my own stuff. The cleaning staff loved my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Saginaw
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive hotel and found it here. It was comfortable and I had everything I needed for a great weekend. The front office people were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Bluff City, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I thought we had problems ahead of us when the first room that we were given had not been cleaned from the previous occupants. Dirty sheets and towels all over the floor. We went back to the office and were given a differant room which was very clean. The mattress needs to be replaced. Neither my husband or myself slept well the two nights we were there. Also, they advertise that wi-fi is provided. It is not provided. We tried quite a few times to connect to the internet and couldn't. When I called the office and asked about it I was told that it depended on the weather and it was not dependable at all. Well, the weather had been fine, so our conclusion was that they really don't have it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

MOORESVILLE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We did not get to the hotel until after midnight but the check in was easy and fast. The room was nice but the linens were a little rough. They use flat sheets instead of fitted sheets and they ended up off the mattress by morning. I did not like that. There was a continental breakfast and lots of coffee. Would stop here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I have booked rooms at this motel when it was called The Stables. My Brother-in-law booked a room here for September 21 and 22, on the phone not realizing the motel had changed ownership. I saw the name change when we drove up to the motel. When I asked to look at the room before accepting it, the clerk behind the counter made a face. The room looked okay and didn't smell of cigarette smoke. I had to ask for an additional roll of toilet paper as the one in the room didn't have much left on it. There wasn't any kleenex in the room either, as you most always find any good motel. All was fine until the next morning when I looked more closely at the blanket. I could see through the fiber blanket, which had 5 distinctive cigarette burn holes in it; 2 of which were fairly large. I checked the other bed in the room; it, too, had a blanket with burn holes in it. You don't expect to find this in a good motel, and certainly not in a Travelodge. The mattress was too soft and should have been replaced long ago. I have to admit, the parking lot was filled with work trucks and other vehicles, but we didn't hear any outside noise in the night, whatsoever. The motel had a Continental Breakfast in the too small office lobby, so we past on it. In the past this used to be a really nice motel; now it's just a mediocre one. Next time we'll be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: I have found that it always pays to ask to look at the room you are to be staying in before acceptin...