“The owner is a piece of garbage.”

Travelodge Parkersburg
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Parkersburg
St. Louis
“The owner is a piece of garbage.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was there for two months working and when the owner realized we were oil and gas workers he doubled our rent from $800 a month to over $1600 a month and their only explanation was," we can do what we want" and if we didnt like it ,we could leave. We complained for weeks to the corporate office and all they said was it was a franchise and there was nothing they could do. The front desk staff are very rude and the only WiFi is in the office, contrary to what they advertised. I kept my room very clean and used nothing(towels, blankets, sheets, pillows, toiletries, toilet paper) in the room but my own stuff. The cleaning staff loved my room.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Saginaw
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive hotel and found it here. It was comfortable and I had everything I needed for a great weekend. The front office people were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Bluff City, Tennessee
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I thought we had problems ahead of us when the first room that we were given had not been cleaned from the previous occupants. Dirty sheets and towels all over the floor. We went back to the office and were given a differant room which was very clean. The mattress needs to be replaced. Neither my husband or myself slept well the two nights we were there. Also, they advertise that wi-fi is provided. It is not provided. We tried quite a few times to connect to the internet and couldn't. When I called the office and asked about it I was told that it depended on the weather and it was not dependable at all. Well, the weather had been fine, so our conclusion was that they really don't have it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

MOORESVILLE
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We did not get to the hotel until after midnight but the check in was easy and fast. The room was nice but the linens were a little rough. They use flat sheets instead of fitted sheets and they ended up off the mattress by morning. I did not like that. There was a continental breakfast and lots of coffee. Would stop here again.

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I have booked rooms at this motel when it was called The Stables. My Brother-in-law booked a room here for September 21 and 22, on the phone not realizing the motel had changed ownership. I saw the name change when we drove up to the motel. When I asked to look at the room before accepting it, the clerk behind the counter made a face. The room looked okay and didn't smell of cigarette smoke. I had to ask for an additional roll of toilet paper as the one in the room didn't have much left on it. There wasn't any kleenex in the room either, as you most always find any good motel. All was fine until the next morning when I looked more closely at the blanket. I could see through the fiber blanket, which had 5 distinctive cigarette burn holes in it; 2 of which were fairly large. I checked the other bed in the room; it, too, had a blanket with burn holes in it. You don't expect to find this in a good motel, and certainly not in a Travelodge. The mattress was too soft and should have been replaced long ago. I have to admit, the parking lot was filled with work trucks and other vehicles, but we didn't hear any outside noise in the night, whatsoever. The motel had a Continental Breakfast in the too small office lobby, so we past on it. In the past this used to be a really nice motel; now it's just a mediocre one. Next time we'll be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: I have found that it always pays to ask to look at the room you are to be staying in before acceptin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been a Wyndham Rewards member for five years now, and never had one single complaint. Furthermore, I have stayed at this property 3 prior occasions with my my 9 year old little girl, again with no problem. Now, I usually stay at Wingate because it is much much more nicer. However, my little girl became very spoiled and I wanted her to see that all hotels are not as fancy as others (meaning hot breakfast, heated indoor pools, flatscreen TV's, etc.) But, this particular stay I shocked and appalled by the bed bug infestation, and how the property handeld it! First, her and I were scheduled to stay 3 nights, but on the second night I saw bugs crawling on my pillow. I immediately picked her up ( while she was asleep) and put her in the car and got everything the heck out of there. Second, I went to the front desk and explained the problem, and even showed them the live bed bugs in the cup and the women stated " Well, I can't give you a refund till morning (even though I paid cash), and how am I suppose to know where the bugs came from"? I told her I had been a patron of Wyndham for years and this was unacceptable. She told me "there is nothing I can do, and slamed the night window closed. So, I had to contact the police, who had seen the bed bugs and told them to refund my money. I had to go to another hotel "The Comfort Inn" and have everything washed, and dried twice to kill the bugs and eggs. My little girl had to shower at 1am, and sleep naked until everything was sanitary. I have video and pictures of the bed bug infestation as proof that this place needs to be shut down and treated for the problem. I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Wood County Health Department Monday in regards to this incident.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Parkersburg hotels

Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The boss is very rude to the customers and her workers!! The rooms are nasty!! some rooms have been bugs! they DONT hire someone to come clean the building for bed bugs because they are cheap ! they expect the maids or the maintance man to clean the room that has bedbugs! every thing as far as linen is stained or has cigg holes in them! they big comforters barley get changed! the only time they get changed is if someone stays over a month then they leave or if there was a dog in the room!! They are very nasty! they expect the workers to clean 15-25 rooms a day! and have then done by 4:00!! they yell about every little thing!! knowing that the housekeepers cant remember to do all these things and get the rooms done by 4:00!! they rent rooms right out from under neither the housekeepers before they can clean the rooms then they yell at they housekeepers because their room isnt done!! Its not the maids fault!!
I suggest not to stay here! they are very nast! and very rude!!

Room Tip: NONE of theses rooms are good to stay into
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parkersburg
Red Roof Inn Parkersburg
Comfort Inn Parkersburg
Comfort Inn Parkersburg
#6 of 11 in Parkersburg
Wingate by Wyndham Vienna Parkersburg

Been to Travelodge Parkersburg? Share your experiences!