“nice place for a short visit.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Parkersburg
Reviewed June 14, 2013

good service. nice breakfast. only problem we had was we were to be in a non smoking room, and your could smell that it had been smoked in. didn't like the internet service either. they're supposed to have it but u can never connect to it. also had to run to the office for toiler paper. we had none on the roll, and they left none.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank r h

Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is the most unsanitary hotel I have EVER seen!!!!! I was switched to three rooms during this stay and each one just got even more gross. I was sent to the "Presidential Suite" for my troubles, and if it wasn't for my two tired kids that where already asleep, I would of went to another hotel. When I got up the next morning I was appauled with the conditions of the room. There was used blankets under the sink, the bathroom floor was dirty, there was numerous "white" stains everywhere. The only thing that was missing was rodents, and I am sure they started staying somewhere else months ago!!! When I went down the next morning with pictures in hand, they offered to give me $7.00 for my troubles. Not only was I insulted but there was NO customer service. I would not recommend this hotel to the roaches!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank justme1535
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Nasty place. Smelliest room I have ever stayed in. Really tiny space. It reeked of cigarrette smoke and all my clothes had to be washed when I got home. I had never stayed in Econolodge before, but assumed it would be comparable to Motel 6 or Red Roof or something. Well, this place was not. There were suspicious characters having some drama-filled night, too.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank mwedzi
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I was not able to get a non-smoking room so my first impression of the room was based on the overwhelming stench of cigarette smoke. My luggage and purse reeked when I left the next day and bags and everything went straight into the washer when I got home. The room looked like it had water leaks and crumbling walls in the past which were repaired very shoddily - possibly just covered with wallpaper, which is now peeling and / or looks water damaged. The air conditioning worked but had a very loud rattle, almost too loud to sleep. The toilet looked like it had not been cleaned in months and some of the towels and bedding already had hairs on them. Many of the room surfaces were sticky. Staying here was pretty much a traumatic experience! Dirty, dirty, dirty beyond belief - by far the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank kodygirl356
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I recently stayed here when business required a cheap, last minute place to stay. This hotel met my needs, but for a few dollars more, I could have done better.

It's located in a very run down area of town, with adult-type establishments surrounding the building. When I arrived, there was a pool which looked like it had been out of service for quite a while. The parking lot had very few cars. The lobby was very small, but well kept. It was also the "breakfast" area for the morning, but had virtually no chairs, and the "breakfast" consisted of a box of donuts.

The room was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. Granted, I was traveling solo, so it was fine, but even considering the separate bathroom I felt like I was in a two roomed closet. The furniture was very beaten up. I used the wifi, which was acceptable in speed, but only until my laptop's hard drive got fried. The television was the old tube style (I wasn't expecting more), but had an acceptable amount of channels.

The walls were very beaten up, which the wallpaper peeling off in large sections. The bathroom was also beaten up, with large, sloppy patches of spackle on the walls. The "repairs" were very sloppy.

Overall, I wasn't disappointed, but next time I'm more likely to stay at one of the hotels up the road, which are only a few dollars more.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Publius2003
Reviewed October 14, 2009

very nice, clean and quite place , staff also very good an very friendly.
best place to spend vacation with family.
good amenities.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed here overnight as our halfway point on our road trip. The hotel is set back off the road so the rooms are very quiet. The beds are not uncomfortable. That being said, the room was FILTHY. The bathroom door was so covered in dirt that there were long brown hairs literally stuck to the paint. Same for the door molding in the bathroom. There was a wad of hair in the drain trap in the tub and smaller hairs on the tub floor itself. The drain in the sink did not function and there were also small hairs found in the bed. Even for a decent price, I would certainly expect the room to be clean. We will never again stay here and would suggest all other travelers do the same.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple