“Rundown old motel”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Parkersburg
Maumee
“Rundown old motel”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Not much good to say about this place. You have a choice of Doubles or King Room. No queen bed rooms. The kids slept on a inflatable mattress I had for this situation. I do not sleep on double beds/not comfortable. Our king bed was outfitted with worn sheets that had permanent stains on them. One side of the bed tilted in toward the center which was a bit annoying. Old tv with archaic remote that barely functioned( no battery cover either) You could tell they try tried to remodel and could see all the standard stuff you find at Red Roofs but it was shoddy. Ice machine was in a dirty room next to an abandoned broken down taped up pop machine. There was another pop machine in the corridor that worked. To purchase snacks you had to go into the lobby and buy them from the front desk attendent. Im too assume they can't keep machines operating due to vandalism?
On the good side, internet worked and was high speed! I requested extra pillows for the room and the girl at the desk was kind enough to get a few. She was pleasant. Overall I would not stay here again unless it was all that was available. No breakfast at motel so we ate an overprice greasy spoon next door called the omelet stop or something. Best to move along and skip this place if you can help it!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank buzzs
dwight5656, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parkersburg, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to let you know that we just recently completed a renovation of our hotel and added a fitness room, free WIFI and Free Communications (i.e. Free Long Distance, 10 page fax). I know you did not have a great stay last time, but I would like to invite you back for another stay so you can see these wonderful new improvements for yourself.
Thank you and I hope to see you soon.
GM, Dwight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vinton, Virginia
Reviewed August 2, 2009

All hotels in Ohio were booked, so we ended up in Parkersburg at what seemed to be the best choice in that town. Despite some suspicious characters hanging around, there were lots of families & senior citizens around as well. The room was a decent size & appeared to be recently remodeled. However, it was a very hot & humid day & the air conditioning unit in this room was an old piece of junk. Even on maximum the compressor rarely kicked in, & when it did it made a horribly loud rattling sound. In comparison, the AC units in the office where we checked in were brand new. I noticed this when I went to ask for an electric fan or other device to help cool the room. The night clerk could not offer any assistance & didn't seem motivated to resolve my problem. After a few hours of smothering in the heat, the room cooled slightly early in the morning & I was finally able to get a few broken hours of sleep (my wife ended up sleeping in the car). One positive result of the loud compressor was that it blocked the ridiculously loud thump thump thump of a nearby nightspot, where some insane amateur DJ was spinning a strange, hyperactive mix of funk & bluegrass. Other issues with the room were the lack of a TV remote & an incredibly small bathroom where one might accidentally step into the toilet when exiting the shower. The Wireless Internet connection was useless, as I could detect & connect to the network but it would not allow access to the Web. If the weather is cool & you can't find another hotel, you may find the accommodations adequate at this Red Roof Inn. Faced with this choice again, I would simply drive through the night & sleep in my own bed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank SubAstute

Travelers are raving about these Parkersburg hotels

pittsburg, pa
Reviewed June 3, 2009

we stayed here for the first time in about 5 years. we couldn't believe the updates this hotel has undergone. totally modernized and updated with all the amenities an economy class hotel could possibly offer....friendly staff, very clean rooms....a bargain for the price.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Mid-Michigan
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Very clean, nice room. A little small, but renovated room has what's needed. Red Roof Inn lobby coffee is the best!!! Pets allowed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank LadyMichigander
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed February 1, 2009

My family stayed at this property during an emergency. We needed a property that would accommodate both dogs and birds, and this place was more than willing. I was skeptical, as this is a budget priced hotel, but I was pleased with my stay.

This is a definite upgrade over a Motel 6 - the other Accor hotel chain. The rooms were small like a Motel 6, but the furniture and bedding were much, much better. The price was very reasonable as well - we paid about $48 per night. My only criticism is the shampoo supplied with the room - it is pitiful. I advise you to bring your own. But, for $48 a night, I'm not demanding Bath and Body Works.

The service was very nice, as they allowed me to renew our stay on a day by day basis without changing the rate. They also prepared a package of fresh towels, soap, tp, and shampoo for me to take to the room in the morning, as I had declined maid service (due to the dogs).

The hotel is somewhat difficult to find, as it is located deep in a hollow at the Intersection of US 50 and I-77.

If I ever need a place, especially in a situation requiring lodging with pets, I would not hesitate to use this property again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Robson, West Virginia
Reviewed September 11, 2008

We have stayed at this motel several times in the past year. This place is fairly decent compared to most of the motels in the area. I usually praise it for its totally free wireless internet and their good coffee, and comfortable beds. The last time we stayed wasn't very good. The wireless internet didn't work for the two days we stayed, and the desk clerk gave an attitude about it when we asked about the problem. The coffee machine also broke while we were there, and was not fixed in the 2 days time we stayed. I was quite disappointed since we need the internet for the work we do, and I don't function well without my coffee! In the end they did give us a discount, but it makes me wonder how it will be the next time I stay here. We have stayed at the Travelodge next door, but their beds are hard as a rock compared to Red Roof! I hope that it was just a bad week for them and it will be better next time!

• Liked — quiet location away from road, comfortable beds, chic look
  • Disliked — internet, coffee machine didn't work
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ohio
Reviewed September 7, 2008

My wife and I were spending the weekend in the Marietta area for the Sternwheel Festival. We happened across this hotel through some unfortunate events, (read my review on Williamstown Days Inn). The folks at the check-in were super nice! The room was very clean, and priced right. It is close to a nice boat ramp on the Little Kanahwa. We will stay there again, next year!

• Liked — The friendly and helpful staff. Close to a nice boat ramp!
  • Disliked — Limited boat parking.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parkersburg
Sleep Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Parkersburg
#6 of 11 in Parkersburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Parkersburg East
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mineral Wells/Parkersburg

Been to Red Roof Inn Parkersburg? Share your experiences!