“ONLY place to stay between Marietta and Cincinnati”

The Blennerhassett Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Parkersburg
Newton, Massachusetts
“ONLY place to stay between Marietta and Cincinnati”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I read the reviews and decided to stay here as we would be spending time in Gallia County on a genealogical research trip. This is a bit out of the way but the pickings are pretty slim in Huntington, Gallipolis and Point Pleasant. This was WELL worth it.

The rooms are very nice and worth the money. I believe this was previously a hotel which is nice however I wish the renovation had been more authentic. Too many dropped ceilings throughout and the guest corridors and elevators are unpleasant and don't seem right. Because the old floors are still in service, noise carries throughout but it is not that bothersome.

The beds are comfortable, the Deluxe room we had was well-appointed.

Spats, the restaurant is very nice and a good value. No need to go anywhere.

Valet Parking is free - ahhh, that is really a nice thing about West Virginia, everything is cheaper. You can make fun of them but they live in a beautiful state with an affordable cost of living.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Manny S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
New York
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We came to West Virginia from New York for a friend's wedding, and stayed at the Blennerhassett for two nights. We wished we could have stayed longer! It was a beautiful hotel and wonderful getaway. The bed was super comfortable, with lots of comfy pillows, the room was large and beautifully appointed. We ordered room service for breakfast the first morning, and had breakfast early Sunday morning down in the lounge. Since we were there to attend a wedding, we did not try the restaurant at night.

We will definitely stay there again on future trips down to our friends' house!

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Archbold Ohio
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We were looking to stop in Parkersburg on the way to Charleston, SC and found this Hotel on the Internet. We stayed one night and we felt that the Hotel is exceptional. We stayed in a deluxe king and the room was beautiful-with high ceilings, a comfortable bed and was very large. The staff were extremely friendly and responsive and the breakfast was exceptional. On the way back we stopped in for lunch and it was also excellent. It's easy to get to from I77 and definitely worth the 5 minute drive from the interstate.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus, OH
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Just returned from a very relaxing, romantic weekend at The Blennerhassett. What a lovely place. We stayed in a Junior Suite which was huge, beautiful and spotless! The meals we had in Spats were great. We will definitely return to enjoy this treasure of a spot!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
The Burgh
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Free Valet, Superb Staff, Soothing Neutral Colors. 120 Years Old.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Was in Parkersburg on business and stayed at the Blannerhassett. From first step in the door I was uniformly impressed by the outstanding service. Hotel is a gem. Staff, food and everything else was extremely impressive. One of the most memorable business stays in years.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Dayton
Reviewed November 5, 2009

When staying at a hotel one weekend in Marietta, OH, I encountered a couple who said I may want to consider this place the next time I was looking for a weekend getaway. After looking up the hotel's website, I was a bit scared the rates would be ultra-lofty, but decided to "go for it" anyway. I actually got a better rate than I would have at any chain hotel, so I booked the room. My headline says it all... "Wow."

The moment I got out of my car, I was greeted by hotel staff. It wasn't a phony, "I'm-just-trying-to-get-a-tip" greeting, but a genuine, "Nice to see you" sort. The young lady at the desk was even more welcoming, if that's possible. Although my reservation was a little bumbled up, the young lady wasted no time correcting it, and even upgrading my room.

When I walked into my room, I almost felt like a thief getting such wonderful accommodations for such a modest rate. The room was huge, beautifully appointed, clinically clean and very comfortable.

Although I didn't actually eat at the restaurant, I did enjoy a few cocktails in the lounge. Again, I must say, "Wow". The prices were reasonable and the service unmatched.

Anyone looking for a nice, relaxing weekend getaway should certainly consider this hotel. It may not be in the most active tourist district (i.e., there's not a whole lot to do in Parkersburg, WV but relax) but that wasn't the reason I chose this hotel anyway. I'm already planning my next visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parkersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Parkersburg Downtown
Comfort Inn Parkersburg
Comfort Inn Parkersburg
#7 of 11 in Parkersburg
Wingate by Wyndham Vienna Parkersburg

Been to The Blennerhassett Hotel? Share your experiences!