“Marvelous hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Parkersburg
Virginia
“Marvelous hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2006

My wife and I stayed in a junior suite. The room was very large and beautifully furnished. The king size bed was most comfortable with fabulous pillows. The bathroom was large and modern.
The service at the hotel was first rate. Valet parking was in place at no charge. Everything in the premises seemed to be immaculate.
The evening meal in the hotel restaurant was excellent as were the wine choices. The breakfast buffet was somewhat less appealing but still of average quality and very low priced.
All in all, we found the hotel very wothy of praise and would recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — Furnishings, decor
  • Disliked — Breakfast buffet
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2006

Upon receiving the information on the internet about Blennerhasssett Hotel, I was quite impressed with the pictures that were presented for review. I figured since there was only one review (which was positive), I said to myself what the heck, I'll give one too. When my husband and I arrived at the hotel, the lobby was done in impeccable taste. The people at the front desk were very polite and when I asked about an upgrade they encouraged to do so (in which I was greatly pleased with the room). They upgraded our room to a junior suite. Upon entering the room, there was a sitting area with a comfy couch then turning left in the room there was the most beautiful bed I had ever seen. It had down (I believe overfilled as well) comforters, a few big decorative pillows and 4 down pillows to sleep with. The headboard and footboard were the real deal (not the kind nailed to the wall) with the classy leather. The bathroom was awesome! Granite counter tops with dual sinks and a shower that had a glass surround to it. It had a rain shower overhead as well as a detachable shower head. After we had taken a shower we went downstairs for dinner in the restaurant, Spats (I believe). Great service and good presentation. Kind of costly for a dinner but well worth it. (Breakfast was great as well and considerably cheaper) I would recommend this Hotel to anyone, definetly a must-see! I would recommend though to just drink the Starbucks coffee that is provided to you in the room. (The Starbucks in the hotel was not that great)

• Disliked — stated that they had a pool on the internet, no they did not
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
9 Thank aliveandmarried
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2006

Stayed here with my husband and children on a Sat. night on our way to NC. We booked an intermediate double on the 2nd floor (202) for $69. You can't beat that price for a nice, luxurious hotel. The bedding was super comfortable. We had a nice dinner at Spats as the outdoor lounge area was full. The food was excellent and the waiter was so accomodating. He mixed chocolate milk for my kids himself. We had the breakfast buffet the next morning and ate outside. I enjoyed the Starbucks coffee and morning newspaper, too. The only thing I would do differently next time is to get a larger room and request a quieter one. We heard a lot of traffic noise all night long and the air conditioning unit didn't seem to ever quit running either. I'm a light sleeper though so it may not be an issue for everyone. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in WV.

• Liked — Comfortable bedding and plush towels.
  • Disliked — Traffic noise and noise from air conditioning unit.
  • Tips/Secrets — Upgrade from an intermediate to a better suite if staying more than one night.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank jsiegle
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2006

Lovely small hotel. Valet parking and bell man. Enjoy a Seattle coffee in their library. Room large, and grand with lots of wood and spacious bath. We choose superior king, Save $10 and pick a smaller room. Each floor landing has beautiful antique servers and paintings. Quaint atrium in center of hotel reminds me of Europe. Gourmet dining at the Spats in lobby. Had the salmon with Cous Cous and julianne vegetables drizzled with a great sause. Outdoor patio for drinks. Packed on Weekends. A national historic site with lots of History and class. Staff very accommodating and helpful..

• Liked — Beatiful furniture in rooms and halls
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — There are some haunting rooms if you like
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank amoebat
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2006

We stayed at the hotel for a wedding in July and it was wonderful! We stayed in one of the suites (i think the mid range suite?) and I loved our room. Very comfortable, lovely decor and extremely comfortable bed! The bathroom had a nice walk in shower. We enjoyed a game of chess in the library, and also enjoyed a few beverages at the patio bar. Great hotel!

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank andreadmb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parkersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Parkersburg Downtown
#4 of 10 in Parkersburg
Comfort Inn Parkersburg
Comfort Inn Parkersburg
#5 of 10 in Parkersburg

Been to The Blennerhassett Hotel? Share your experiences!