“Great Hotel!!!! Don't miss it!!”

The Blennerhassett Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Parkersburg
Archbold Ohio
“Great Hotel!!!! Don't miss it!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We were looking to stop in Parkersburg on the way to Charleston, SC and found this Hotel on the Internet. We stayed one night and we felt that the Hotel is exceptional. We stayed in a deluxe king and the room was beautiful-with high ceilings, a comfortable bed and was very large. The staff were extremely friendly and responsive and the breakfast was exceptional. On the way back we stopped in for lunch and it was also excellent. It's easy to get to from I77 and definitely worth the 5 minute drive from the interstate.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Columbus, OH
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Just returned from a very relaxing, romantic weekend at The Blennerhassett. What a lovely place. We stayed in a Junior Suite which was huge, beautiful and spotless! The meals we had in Spats were great. We will definitely return to enjoy this treasure of a spot!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
The Burgh
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Free Valet, Superb Staff, Soothing Neutral Colors. 120 Years Old.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Was in Parkersburg on business and stayed at the Blannerhassett. From first step in the door I was uniformly impressed by the outstanding service. Hotel is a gem. Staff, food and everything else was extremely impressive. One of the most memorable business stays in years.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Dayton
Reviewed November 5, 2009

When staying at a hotel one weekend in Marietta, OH, I encountered a couple who said I may want to consider this place the next time I was looking for a weekend getaway. After looking up the hotel's website, I was a bit scared the rates would be ultra-lofty, but decided to "go for it" anyway. I actually got a better rate than I would have at any chain hotel, so I booked the room. My headline says it all... "Wow."

The moment I got out of my car, I was greeted by hotel staff. It wasn't a phony, "I'm-just-trying-to-get-a-tip" greeting, but a genuine, "Nice to see you" sort. The young lady at the desk was even more welcoming, if that's possible. Although my reservation was a little bumbled up, the young lady wasted no time correcting it, and even upgrading my room.

When I walked into my room, I almost felt like a thief getting such wonderful accommodations for such a modest rate. The room was huge, beautifully appointed, clinically clean and very comfortable.

Although I didn't actually eat at the restaurant, I did enjoy a few cocktails in the lounge. Again, I must say, "Wow". The prices were reasonable and the service unmatched.

Anyone looking for a nice, relaxing weekend getaway should certainly consider this hotel. It may not be in the most active tourist district (i.e., there's not a whole lot to do in Parkersburg, WV but relax) but that wasn't the reason I chose this hotel anyway. I'm already planning my next visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Meadville, PA
Reviewed October 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. I was soloing with the local symphony and this is where they put us up. It was wonderful!!!!! Historic, yet spotless. And the attention to detail was marvelous. Extremely friendly staff. Gorgeous hotel. Beautiful rooms with comfy beds, first class amenities, fast wireless internet, tons of tv stations and super quiet. I especially loved the library right next to the coffee bar. The restaurant was good, although my tuna was a little dry and service was somewhat slow. All in all, a superb hotel, and right in the heart of downtown Parkersburg, WV of all places.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Ohio
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I spent last weekend with my two adult daughters at the Blennerhasset. It was our first visit and we were very impressed. This is a beautifully furnished hotel, and the bathroom is huge and completely modern. We had room service for an outstanding breakfast at a very reasonable cost. I would definitely recomment this hotel, and actually it's worth the trip even if you do nothing else in Parkersburg.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parkersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Parkersburg Downtown
Comfort Inn Parkersburg
Comfort Inn Parkersburg
#7 of 11 in Parkersburg
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Parkersburg

Been to The Blennerhassett Hotel? Share your experiences!