The Blennerhassett Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites(Parkersburg)
$74
$89
Hotels.com
Economy Inn(Parkersburg)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshistoric hotelspats restaurantvalet parkinglive musicdowntown parkersburgold world charmgift shopwest virginiaice bucketmodern amenitiesold buildingjunior suitestarbucks coffeesitting areafine dininga real treatsmall town
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I've stayed here a few hundred times and finally thought to write a review...
It would get 5 stars, but, I'm irritated that I stay here all the time and there is no points or loyalty program. But, if you stay in the Hampton Inn in Mineral Wells once, you'll put up with the no-points issue.

The hotel is fantastic. No two rooms are alike - unique floor plans and quirks abound. The staff is wonderful and accommodating.
Fitness room is adequate and I hardly see anyone in there other than myself. Business center is nice and free, good for printing out and faxing stuff.

Location is, well, in Parkersburg. If you're doing business there you're most likely going to be within walking distance of where you need to be... Tourism I can't comment on - I just work there... But I have stayed a weekend and it seems there are things to do nearby.

The restaurant is decent - though service is spotty. Expect breakfast to last an hour (no joke, just go across the st to the Crystal Cafe - they're quick). Wine selection is vast. Prices are great....

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2009

i had stayed here before, probably 12 years ago or so. back then it was a hotel that seemed promising, but fell short. our recent trip was superb! we got a deluxe king room for only $109, and the hotel has obviously undergone a recent renovation. great sheets and towels, and the sunday brunch buffet was incredible! this place is a gem, and finally lives up to its promise!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2009

The rooms are not set up to have somebody come in and conduct business, refrigerators are available for $10 a night (geesh, I am sure they are well paid for), the wirless Internat was spotty, and the cancellation timeline is 3pm, 24 hours PREVIOUS to your stay. Like many business people, plans change at the last minute but we don't want to be charged the day BEFORE!!!... geesh...

Other than that, a lovely hotel for tourists...

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We enjoyed our stay. This is a well maintained old hotel with some very nice people in charge. It was quite a value for the price. We were surprised how much we liked Parkersburg too. The restaurant was primo!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2009

We recently stayed here for a wedding and it was a very nice surprise. One of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. Very nice staff. Beautiful old hotel. Food was only average. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple