The Blennerhassett Hotel
$94
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(Parkersburg)
$82
$47
No availability for your dates from our partners
Econo Lodge(Parkersburg)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshistoric hotelspats restaurantvalet parkinglive musicdowntown parkersburgold world charmgift shopwest virginiaice bucketmodern amenitiesold buildingjunior suitestarbucks coffeesitting areafine dininga real treatsmall town
Reviewed February 5, 2009

My husband and I went to their annual New Years Eve celebration which we felt was a pretty good deal -- $215 for room, party, and buffet... we had a great time.... until our bill came. They charged us TWICE for our room and refuse a refund insisting that we smoked in our room.... neither of us are smokers so this is news to me!! It was fun, but I definitely wouldn't risk it unless you have an extra 215 dollars to burn. WHAT A RIPOFF!! Theives for sure... be careful if you want to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Percyb
Reviewed January 17, 2009

Going to this Hotel is like going back in time. The decor, warmth, and ambience is like the early 1900's. Truly unique and charming! The rooms are filled with antique-like furnishing with modern comforts(duvets and wireless internet) and are very nicely decorated. The rooms are immaculate and the towels are large and thick. The bathroom is very small, but nicely done with granite countertops and tile showers.
It was very nice getting complimentary valet service. However, the staff was a little inconsistent with service. Some were more than helpful, some not. When checking in, I got little assistance coming in with my luggage (opening the heavy doors) even though the valet was at the desk. I had to ask where the elevators were after checking in (shouldn't this be something the front desk should share with everyone?).
I ate at the restaurant all 3 nights I was there. For the level of the restaurant, the wait staff the first night was better suited for a chain restaurant, but on the other two nights the waitstaff was excellent. The restaurant really accomodated a single traveler very well. I was able to sit, eat and read for over an hour. The food selection was creative and good. The dinner rolls were pretty tasteless. The desserts are awesome. Breakfast (I ate there one time) was excellent.
I would highly recommned staying there as it is far beyond what you would expect for the price...
I've booked my next vist there!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank oscargoKalamazoo
Reviewed December 28, 2008

We travel from North Carolina to northern Indiana every summer and Parkersburg is a good stop over point. After driving thru the mountains all day, it's a real treat for our family to arrive at the Blennerhassett. The hotel is a fun and unique change of pace from the generic chains, the rooms are comfortably appointed & clean, the restaurant is charming, and the staff is very welcoming. 2008 was our first time and we've decided to make it a tradition every summer from here on out.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2008

This hotel is the best deal and the best place to stay in the greater Parkersburg/Marietta area.

Charming historic location. Excellent service. Very clean and well appointed rooms. If you make reservations online or call for any specials, the price is reasonable enough and often includes a gift card for use in the Starbucks or Spat's grill (hotel's restaurant). The restaurant is very good and all of the service personnel in this hotel are superb. If this place ever goes out of business I will be heartbroken.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2008

We stayed here for a weekend to see Blennerhasset Island, the musuem and the Trans Allegheny Bookstore. The hotel is within walking distance to all of those sites; the hotel parked our car on Friday and we didn't use it til we left on Sunday. No charge for parking, either!
The hotel is very nice, as is the service; the dining room is good, too. There is a business office on the second floor where internet use is free.
A good value.