“Great Historic Hotel that has been restored to an earlier elegance”

The Blennerhassett Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Parkersburg
Charleston, WV
“Great Historic Hotel that has been restored to an earlier elegance”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I grew up in Parkersburg in the late 1960's into the 1970's and this Hotel had become run down and a place for low end travelers and boarders.

Years later, we were returning to Parkersburg to visit family and friends and I was told that the Blennerhasset had been restored and was a good place to stay. We opted to stay there and it was absolutely beautifully restored. The rooms were luxurious and decorated in good taste. The service at the Hotel was outstanding and it is very convenient to everything with alot of parking.

We have since stayed there at least 10 times over the years and the Hotel is being kept in great shape and the service continues to be great. The bar is nice and the Restaurant is good as well.

We have also done 2 News Year eve parties there and really enjoyed them and thought it was a great value.

Can't go wrong here but watch out for the Ghosts... it's haunted they say.

Room Tip: The Suites are very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent hotel. Very good food and friendly staff. A gem in an otherwise unremarkable city. Have been there in the summer and winter. The patio is an oasis and the music was great. The staff was very friendly without being phony.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Chester
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I finally got the opportunity to spend the night (3 actually) at this wonderfully restored hotel. I was first impressed by the exterior upon my arrival, then amazed at the richly appointed interior of the historic building. My room was clean and comfortable with a bed I had to climb up into and in which I slept very well. The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was very good. The hotel was a perfect setting for the business conference that I attended as it offered the perfect space for classrooms and banquets alike. It was slightly difficult to keep the room warm enough and on checkout day we were all locked out of our rooms prior to checkout time, but overall it was a very pleasant and enjoyable experience spending time at the Blennerhassett Hotel. I would definitely like to stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sheffield village
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Wanted to revisit the river cities on the ohio 3/25 thru 3/2913. The building was beautifully maintained and gave me a feeling of steping back in time. Staff and service was excellent in all areas. First night out the down pillows were too soft for my taste and the staff took care of it very quickly, offering different selections. Special mention to the bellhop, very helpful. Spats, the hotel restaurant served excellent food but for the price the service could have been more attentive. IE: water refills. The hotel bar was relaxed and had friendly, attentive service. A very nice place to spend a few days

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bidwell,Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had eaten at the Blennerhasset, but had not stayed in the hotel. It was very nice. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We had reservations for dinner which was excellent (Baked Monkfish for me, my wife had Scallops), but did not realize we needed reservations for Sunday Brunch. The staff made a reservation for us and made sure we were taken care of. The hotel is very well maintained and clean. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My Wife and Son stayed at this historic hotel Easter weekend and have nothing but rave reviews for both the hotel, the staff and the restaraunt. We stayed in an Executive Suite with a separate bedroom and living area. The rooms are well decorated, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the hotel in totality was impecable in all ways.
Throughout our stay the staff was cordial and obviously well trained. Everyone seemed to enjoy their job and there was a pleasantness that seemed genuine. Most notable was the food at the Blennerhassett Restaraunt. We had a pecan encrusted pork tenderloin, my Wife had Chicken Alloutte and My son had the duck quesadillas. Everything was beautifully presented and exploded with flavor.
We are already planning a return trip from Cleveland this Summer! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone venturing to the Parkersburg area!

Room Tip: We don't have a source of comparison as we stayed in an executive suite but I would recommend up...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Beautiful and interesting outside. Inside, okay, but not quite what I expected. The lighting was almost nonexistent, especially in the bathroom for makeup and by the couch for reading. The room was very pretty, but not up to the same standards of other historic hotels where we have stayed, examples, The Brown, Louisville, KY and The Hotel Denver, Glenwood Springs, CO. It almost appeared to be cutting amenities to save a little money in the wrong places.
I enjoy frequenting these historic hotels, because I hate to see these bastions of the past fall into ruin. But it would be hard to recommend this particular one to other travelers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tigilau
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parkersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Parkersburg Downtown
Red Roof Inn Parkersburg
Red Roof Inn Parkersburg
#4 of 10 in Parkersburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Parkersburg East

Been to The Blennerhassett Hotel? Share your experiences!