“Can't wait to go again!” 5 of 5 stars

ACE Adventure Resort - Day Tours
Tarpon Springs, Florida
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Can't wait to go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Hubby and I went rafting on the lower New River in early July. Alisa was out raft guide. Everything about the trip was really great. Alisa was fun to be with and she gave us great history of the area. She was encouraging and supportive. We had 6 in our raft and she let us all decide what we wanted to do according to our skill level and spirit of adventure. Riding the smaller rapids outside the raft was so much fun, especially the one with the rock and eddy that kind of spun you around! Lunch was prepared quickly, with a few finger snacks (carrots, chips/salsa) while we waited for the chicken and hamburgers to grill. We were filled up and the food was tasty. We did the 6 hours trip and that included a 1/2 day at the resort water adventure park. The water park had some interesting and fun activities--you could do the water slide, a zip line, and the "bouncing bag" kind of bizarre but cool! We will be back to do the Gaulle next summer.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Holly K

Farmington Hills, Michigan
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“We had an awesome time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We did the easy track on the new river in 2 person inflatable canoes geared towards beginners and kids 7 years and older. At all times we had 3 guides with us to look after us and tell us about the next bend in the river to watch out for. Lunch and transportation was provided and they even had people filming the whole experience. We had a great time on the river, canoeing, jumping of cliffs, playing ducky wars with the friendly and helpful staff.

North Ridgeville, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Will be going back!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was my first time white water rafting and I was pretty hesitant. Two weeks prior I had an incident where I was tossed around pretty bad in waves at the ocean. With that being said, when we first got there you meet up at the picnic area with your group. You are told to arrive an hour early and it is best if you do or you will be rushed along. From there you go to get your wet suit, etc. if you want to rent them. The weather was crazy cool when we went and it was only 63 so I went for the neoprene jacket and had long yoga pants on. You are then taken to get your hat vest and paddle. The guides are fun and helpful through the whole experience. You then get on a bus and taken for an exciting ride to where you get on the rafts. During this time the head guide is giving you the low down on your trip down the river. He was very comical. Once there you are paired off with your group or they place you with a group and assigned a guide. This is where our trip took a turn. Our guide was crass, abrasive and did not seem confident with her skills. She yelled at our group as a whole and was very condescending to us as a group. We did not get to experience a lot that the other boats did. Although all this occurred I had a good time and will go back. ACE was great and when we called and discussed our issue with them gave us another trip to come back. It is from my understanding that our guide was not a full time staff member and now is no longer working for the company! WHAT GREAT COUSTMER SERVICE!! Cannot wait to try it again with a different guide.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Aimee G
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Zip line staff was flat out unexcusable! Everything else was great!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Called ahead of time in January to book my vacation to ACE and planned out the week with all of my days filled with activities for me and my wife to enjoy each day. Everything was great with the exception of the zip lining staff people.

When I booked our zip lining tour, I was aware of the weight limit of 250 lbs. I informed the woman booking with ACE that I was close to that limit being 6 foot 3 and 260 lbs. She informed me that it would be ok and they have made exceptions and would do so for me. So we signed up and paid for the adventure!

We show up for our zip line adventure today after 2 wonderful days of horseback riding and white water rafting the previous 2 days! The girl named Jenna sees me as my wife and I walk up to the cabin and stares me up and down. Then she proceeds to pass around laminated yellow sheets to all of us saying that people lie about their weight and how dangerous it will be! No other people were even close to that weight sitting there and I felt singled out and totally embarassed as all of the other people stared at me. I would have felt more comfortable had she just pulled me aside. This was totally absurd and I became very upset! I had to be walked up by her to the main cabin, once again totally humilated, in front of all these people. As we were walking to get refunded for our trip, she did inform me that they did make allowances???? Are you kidding me??? I totally understand rules and policies, but when you are encouraged by your sales team to book it to make a dollar, then you should not be offering false hopes!

Now I have a total wasted day with nothing to do except sit by the overpriced lakeview house. This is totally unacceptable and not sure if we will ever come back or encourage anyone of our people to visit the resort. It is a total shame for ACE as we traveled all the way from Florida to visit. It had been a great trip with Scotty O with white water rafting and our horseback riding with Equestrian Adventures!

Hopefully ACE will review their rules and policies with their customers and demonstrate a little more respect given from certain staff to make it more of an enjoyable experience. I own my own business and would never have my own staff treat customers in this type of manner!

Visited August 2014
Heidi P, Manager at ACE Adventure Resort - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Sir,

I just wanted to take a quick moment to respond to your review. We are so pleased to hear you had such a good visit while on the New River and on your horseback ride while here in the New River Gorge. Scottie O is our most requested guide. I am sure you can see why! We however, are not pleased to hear about your experience on the Zip Line Tour. I am going to immediately address this concern with both the Sales Manager and the Zip Line Manager. As our goal is to always communicate accurate information and have our guests feeling part of the family. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can use this as a learning tool. Should you want to discuss this further, don't hesitate to contact me at heidi@aceraft.com.

-Heidi Prior
Social Media Manager
Manchester, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WOW-So much fun with a GREAT STAFF!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was my second trip to Ace. The staff is amazing. Danny (or Lucky has they refer to him) was an amazing raft guide and also guides mountain bike tours. He's fun and energetic and defintely added to the experience. ALL the staff is friendly, professional and accomdating, they really can't do enough for you. The food is delish and there is ALWAYS something going on if you want something to do but can be quiet and relaxing as well if that's your choice. We had a cabin with a hot tub and that is probably the best way to end a day of activities. Everything is extremely reasonably priced for what you get.
Next year can't come fast enough!!

2 Thank Peach-E-One