All reviews zip lining rafting trip white water rafting hot tub rock climbing cozy cabin upper gauley welcome center dining hall stew great guide raft guide obstacle course an absolute blast horseback riding mountain top lost paddle
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

The water park with inflatables was a hit with the kids. The water was a little chilly in May but once you get in it’s not bad. They have all kinds of inflatables on the water. The food was very good.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Haynes M, Marketing Director at ACE Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

It's true... Sun, Fun and Waterslides are a little warmer when we get into June. Hey! It's June now... y'all should come back for another visit ;)

Seriously, though... thanks for hanging out with us at ACE!

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

A great place with many outdoor activities to engage all ages! The food was good (not great, but it’s a buffet - you know that going in). The cabin we stayed in was just right (I had a coffee maker, a shower and a bed, so while it was a rustic cabin, it also wasn’t camping...and after hiking, rafting, climbing and swimming I needed some creature comforts!). The bar was great! And the staff were all fantastic! From the front office to the dining hall to the adventure guides!!!!! Can’t wait to return!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2018

Fun place to go if you love the outdoors! White water rafting, ziplining, hiking, rockclimbing, swiming. Fun for everyone. It even has a nice little bar for the evenings when you don't feel like sitting in your cabin. Those are very nice by the way. I can't wait to go back next spring.

Date of stay: May 2018
ACE M, Public Relations Manager at ACE Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about ACE! We're so glad to hear that you had a great trip here! See you again in the spring!

Chelsea Bricker
Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

We came to Ace for a rafting trip and stayed at the campgrounds for two nights. I had a couple friends that stayed in a cabin. My friend, myself and our two dogs stayed in a pet-friendly cabin tent (a tent with s shelter built over it). The cabins were nice. They provided a microwave, fridge, linens, towels, a newer bathroom, a small porch and a fire ring outside. Our tent was primitive with a port-a-potty near by. There was a shower house with a short walk. The tent had three bed platforms with mattresses on them. Although primitive it was still fairly comfortable. Wouldn’t mind the tent again although I plan on taking my camper next time.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

If there were 6 stars or 10 stars I would give that rating. I have rafted the Upper Gauley many times since 1994 and with different rafting companies and of course, different guides. NEVER have I enjoyed the Upper as much as I recently did with Nick Parsons (Nugget) as our guide. Ace Rafting knows how to do this best!! This last trip will be hard for me to ever duplicate. Do yourself a favour and raft with ACE.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank lclearwater4636
ACE M, Social Media Coordinator at ACE Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about ACE! Nugget is the BEST! Hope to see you again soon!