Let me start by saying that I've rafted with Ace a few times and always had a great experience.
But we stayed at the Truman Lodge (supposedly their largest and most "luxurious" cabin) this past weekend and this is what we encountered.
1. Broken Glass all over the outside area, on the picnic table, on the frozen lake, in the driveway, everywhere
2. Mouse Poop in all of the plates/bowls. We had to wash everything prior to eating
3. A washing machine that made our clothes dirtier and a dryer that started sparking/smoking when used
4. A USED CONDOM under one of the beds.
5. Let me repeat that. We found a used condom underneath one of the beds in the master bedroom. That's not hard to find if you tried at all to clean it.
There was a sign out back that said "future snow tubing park" which leads me to believe that they are probably planning on bulldozing it soon and don't care about the upkeep.
They felt bad after hearing our laundry list of complaints and gave us 1/2 our money back. Which was nice. I would advise using their rafting services again, but will NEVER sleep there again unless I really want hepatitis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured on the Travel Channel, we offer amazing vacations, most of them wet! We are North America's largest outdoor vacation resort, where you can try whitewater rafting, zip line canopy tours, kayaking, rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, paintball, ATV tours, a mud obstacle course, alpine tower, stand up paddle boarding, fishing, horseback riding, a bridge catwalk tour, or relax on the beach of our 5-acre lake full of inflatable toys. Come get away from it all on our 1,500-acre property in Southern West Virginia. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ace Adventure Hotel Oak Hill
- Ace Adventure Center Hotel