“Ace Adventure Resort is not just for adrenaline junkies.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oak Hill
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
Washington DC
“Ace Adventure Resort is not just for adrenaline junkies.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Ace Adventure Resort is not just for adrenaline junkies. My son and I went ATVing with Brandon and Kelly. While my son wanted to push the ATVs to the limits, I was significantly less adventurous. What impressed me the most was how well Brandon and Kelly handled our divergent needs. I remember the sensitivity Brandon displayed when I informed him that I was not going to be able to go down hills. In a sympathetic and non-condescending tone Brandon told me that this was West Virginia and there are hills. Brandon and Kelly then ensured that my son and I had the rides of our lives. My son had an adrenaline filled ride. I had a ride well within my comfort zone. So if you come from a mixed family (adrenalin & non-adrenaline junkies) know that Ace Adventure Resort is a good choice for both.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed August 28, 2013

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

So this is my second time and third time planned in September, I've gone twice with Steve (Steve Reid). Ace has any amazing operation. I could go on but let me just say that the people are very nice and pleasant , the guides are at the top of their game, everything runs like clockwork, I've had an amazing time on the white water , atv's, etc. The reason me and my gf are coming back though is cause Steve was humble, safe, professional, and invested in making our experience awesome. The Chalet was okay and the small cabins are better( even thought there are no bathrooms). So ace lets consider promoting Steve and thanks for the great experience

MS

• Stayed August 2013
Heidi P, Manager at ACE Adventure Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
What a great review for ACE Adventure Resort and Steve Reid!!! He is a phenomenal raft guide with many years (isn't he at 16 years now?!!) of experience and many rivers under his belt. We truly are lucky to have him. Let's hope he never grows up and gets a "real job". I actually don't know how we'd promote him w/ out having that happen! lol.

And yes, I totally agree the Cedar Cabins are one of our best options AND they are a great value. When I did work in sales, they were one of my favorite options to offer folks who could handle the thought of walking to the bath house. Sounds like we are on the same wave length.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We value your opinion and we will make sure to let Steve know that once again, he's done another great job on behalf of ACE!

Suffolk, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had an amazing time at ACE. Words can't even describe the experience we had rafting on the Lower New river with our fabulous guide, Amy! We even had a post card from her when we returned home, which our 9 year old daughter thought was super cool!! We also enjoyed zip line and horse back riding. We would definitely make this trip again!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Aww thanks for the kind words! Amy is pretty awesome and we are lucky to have her as an intricate part of our crew. And really, how could you not love a zip line tour and a horseback ride through the beautiful WV forest?!!!

Thanks for the kind review and we hope to see you and the rest of the family again soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family of four, including two teens, had a blast rafting the lower Gauley this summer with ACE. I was terrified at the start because the water level was so much higher than normal, due to heavy rains. But our terrific guide, Alisa, kept me focused, kept all of us safe and ensured we had a blast. Other guides on our trip were first-rate, too. I was impressed by how well organized ACE was without seeming corporate. Day 2, we did the zipline--also fun--and my teens loved hanging out at the lake with all the cool toys. We didn't stay on the property but heard good things about the ACE cabins from a family that joined us on the zipline.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Woodland Hills, California, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our daughter lives in Washington, DC, so we decided to drive to West Virginia from DC after picking her up. We live in California and have whitewater rafted in both California and Colorado. If you are looking for thrills, adrenaline rush, and the best guides, ACE Adventure is the place to do it! We ran the New River at a high water mark of 6'. The water was very fast, and unlike California and Colorado rivers, which are highly technical, the New river had rapids that were more like waves that you would see in the Pacific Ocean. My wife, daughter and myself were so pumped after riding this river! Our guide, Daniel, filled the entire trip with information about the river and it's history.
On day 2 went took the Zip line tour, which we have never done previously. The experience was well worth it. The guides were very experienced and knowledgeable, along with helping everyone to safe landings each time.
The cabins were very clean and had a fresh woods scent to them, that you knew that the cabins are well maintained.
Customer Service: We were actually scheduled for the Extreme rafting, which is for a smaller raft (4 riders). However, due to ACE policy the river water level was too high for this type of raft. I requested a refund for the difference when checking out, and without hesitation, I was refunded the difference. That is Customer Experience!

My family highly recommends ACE Adventure Park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jmmandel
Heidi P, Manager at ACE Adventure Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thanks so much for your review. I used to work out on rivers in both California and Colorado and you are spot-on with your remarks as to the difference between technical and high volume rivers. The New River really is a special place and this year, we've had some spectacular water levels thanks to all the rain.

At any rate, I just wanted to take a quick second to say thanks and we also hope you had a great visit with your daughter. DC is one of my favorite spots to enjoy a weekend in the city. So it sounds like your vacation was full on both ends of the vacation spectrum: our nation's capital to true WV adventures.

Enjoy California and remember you always have friends in the New River Gorge.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Truman house which is the "best" the resort has to offer. It has 4 total beds(2 queens2 full). Mattresses are soft and sink when you lye down. 2 bedrooms share bathroom which has a old shower. Kitchen cabinets lined with mouse traps, cooking utensils are flimsy(bring your own), and cookware is limited. Good fridge/freezer combo with ice/water dispenser. Large nice dining area off the kitchen. Washer/dryer work well and come in handy(cleanest shower is near w/d fyi). Jacuzzi is clean accessible off master suite and back dining area. Loft great for kids play and sleep. One tube TV in main room, no other TVs in cabin. Fire pit outside great for bond fire and roasting corn. Bring your own grill! Bring your own sheets & pillow cases. Pond behind cabin has fish in it, bring pole and net. Lastly you will want to bring the following: food storage containers, utensils, plates, cups, cleaning products, house shoes, air freshener, paper towels, swifer mop, set of sharp knives, flashlight, and bug spray. Some of this may seem pretentious but consider I'm from the city, country/outdoor life is a stretch for me.

• Stayed August 2013
#1 of 1 in Fayetteville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East
Adventures on the Gorge - Lodging

Been to ACE Adventure Resort? Share your experiences!