New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Move on.. You can skip this hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center

Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
“Move on.. You can skip this hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Holiday Lodge because it was close to the New River Gorge National Park. Although the staff was clearly overwhelmed, they still tried to accommodate our large group of 15. The rooms were outdated and not very clean. We were in a nonsmoking room and it smelled like smoke. We got up the next morning and quickly went on to our next destination!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Clearwater, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Spent two nights in the Holiday Lodge while visiting the area. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Convenient location for rafting activities. Carpeting in hallways is dated but no big deal! Nice that pool is indoors, restaurant onsite and big lobby with TV. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolyn C
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our family stayed here for one night while passing through. The hotel was clean and comfortable and quiet even though the boy scout jamboree were there. Staff was accomodating. I would stay here again. The only downfall was the bar was VERY smokey. We wanted to go in for a drink, but that detered us and we went off property to eat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank GYPSYSOUL123
Clermont, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I grew up in the area and went to the high school next to the hotel. I recently went home for a class reunion decided to stay here. The rooms were clean, I will give them that. Even in the non-smoking rooms you can still smell the faint scent of old cigarette smoke which irritated my allergies. My reservation was wrong, they had me checking out a day early. Then when I did stay approximately $3000 worth of camera equipment was taken from my room while I was out visiting with my family who still live in the area. The manager was not available when I reported it stolen and I had to leave for the airport. A week later the manager has not contacted me about the incident, despite leaving my contact information at the hotel and calling 3 times myself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WVGirl02
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

As I entered the hotel it smelt musty, then entering the corridor for my room the smell got worse. The room although clean and comfortable smelt terrible of cigarette smoke (old musty). I asked other attendees, they had the same, and pointless asking for a change. Had to have all my clothes laundered at the next hotel as the smell was impregnated in them.

Room Tip: There aren't good rooms, they all smell terrible of cigarettes.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mike D
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

From the minute i called to reaerve a room till my last night some of the FRONT DESK people were down right rude! I would not of stayed there if it hadnt been for the fact it was right next to the place i had to be early the next morning! The lady that took my 1st call put me on hold for 8 minutes when all i was asking for was the rates! Then got smart with me when i told her i was on the phone that long! I was told because I was a WV resident that I had to have a credit card for a deposit, which you expect from most hotels, but not just because you are a wv resident are they not worried about other state residents?? Out of my whole 2 night 3 day stay I only encountered 2 nice front desk people, one gentlemen named Justin and an older woman with long hair that was working night shift, I am very sorry I did not get her name because she was super nice to me, my daughter and her friend! She treated us like she knew us forever! The pool attendent guy was also very nice! I also did not get his name! I know this is a long review but i worked as a front desk agent and i have never in my life seen so many rude people greeting customers!!! They should know the 1st impression is the most important! I really think they need to be trained better or find staff that are willing to do their job the correct way! One lady yelled at my girls because they needed change for the soda machine that would not take dollar bills she told them it was not her job to give them change! Excuse me but yes it is! Its your job to make sure we enjoy our stay!!!! I was so mad after i hears that! Holiday Lidge you would have a great hotel if only your staff had better attitudes! That was my worst hotel experience ever!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was here for a meeting (2 night stay). Rooms are basic (TV, coffee maker, beds, table, security box....) No frige in room though? Staff is helpful and friendly. The bar allows smoking, so I can not tell you much about that (non-smoker). We did our meals in the dining facility, and not sure they were ready for a group? One of the plates had something molding stuck to the bottom of one (hence on the top of another plate). Kinda sick looking for food service.

Room Tip: Second floor is off the lobby, they do have an elevator for other floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Days Inn Mount Hope
Days Inn Mount Hope
#1 of 1 in Mount Hope
The Resort at Glade Springs

Been to Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!