Comfort Inn New River
$79
$77
Travelocity
Quality Inn New River(Fayetteville)(Great Value!)
$89
Hampton.com
Courtyard Beckley(Beckley)
$114
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbiscuits and gravyfine placeace adventuresnice staybreakfast roomeasy access to highwaywould stay againdecent breakfastbed was comfortablewhite water raftingdecent hotelnew river gorge bridgerooms were very cleanwhitewatergas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here during the BSA Jamboree. It wasn't bad, it was clean and close to where we needed to catch the shuttles. The pool doesn't close until 10 but they have no lights in the pool area so unless you are with a group I wouldn't swim when it gets dark. I do think it was pricey for what you got but that's probably because of Jamboree.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We chose this hotel for its convenient location near River Expeditions (3 minutes by car). Front desk staff was accommodating. Room was okay - typical Choice hotel room. Bed was comfortable and room/bath were clean. It was quiet. About a 10 minute drive to a variety of restaurants. Motel really is nearer Fayetteville than Oak Hill and the street address is not on any GPS. It is right on Route 19 so best to call for directions if you cannot find it. Found the breakfast okay but major complaint is the breakfast room is way too small to accommodate all the guests. We had to eat in the lobby which was okay. Lobby is a bit tired and could be improved. After a full day of rafting, we were very happy that our beds and showers were only minutes away!

Room Tip: We were on the back side and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013

So where to begin...
We arrive at the hotel, looks great from the outside (must have just got painted).
Front desk lady was very nice, and I must admit that most of the situation was out of her control.

In the room the furniture was newer but the room was so DIRTY and smelled that way too.
Hair/stains on the sheets, dirty nightstands, hairs all over the bathroom, urine on the toilet seat, used soap packet in the shower, dirty microwave, hair in the fridge... the list goes on.

The hotel was slammed full so I didn't attempt to change rooms, instead I went to the local walmart and bought some lysol, air freshner, and sheets (so the room cost me an extra 50 bucks on top of the already extremely high price).

But then, the power went out.
So then another trip to walmart for candles and touch lights we were finally good to go.
The walls here are PAPER THIN so after listening to my neighbors "have fun" all night I was finally able to sleep around 2:00.

I understand the power going out is not the hotels fault but it has really put a sour taste in my mouth about this property and they were not willing to do refunds last night in order for me to go to a different town.

Almost all of the emergency lights in the hallways were nonoperational and my girlfriend twisted her ankle on the stairs (this is VERY illegal but whatever, it's West Virginia).

So there you go, I wouldn't stay here again, and if you decide to do so and care about cleanliness i suggest you bring your own bedding and cleaning supplies! :)

P.S. I have photos of the rooms problems but the internet here is too slow to upload them!

Room Tip: Walls are very thin, I don't know what to tell you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Taylor V
Reviewed July 6, 2013

check in was very fast. Great staff and nice rooms. the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean. right off of highway 19 so access was great. many places to eat. free breakfast with many choices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2013

It is right off of Hwy 19- Fayette Landing Road, up a slight hill. Coming from the south our GPS took us through town and into a shopping center. We had to ask for directions. The iPhone map was worse. The motel stands alone with not much nearby. However there is a shopping mall a short distance south of the unit.
Room was clean, and recently remodeled. Many of the rooms have been renovated and there is construction on other rooms. We got one that was renovated, but the hallway carpeting was still being installed. Not a problem. Room and bathroom were a little small but adequate. AC works well but is a bit noisy. However, it is a steady noise. We opted to open the window at night and it was quiet and we slept well. Rooms on 2d and 3d floor windows do open. Not on first floor, though.
Breakfast is very good. Waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc. Breakfast area is small.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you can live without AC at night, ask for a 2d or 3d floor room and open the window, instead of risking a too-loud HVAC system. Rooms on the back face a steep rock wall- kind of a natural view, but a bit close, ~20' from the motel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple