“Great hotel....good Sleep”

Comfort Inn New River
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We had three rooms for two nights with our mission team. We went on the New River Gorge rafting. The hotel was new, clean, great mattress, good breakfast. I can't find anything to complain about except the halls and the elevator smelled strong with smoke. The staff was very nice. They went out of their way to get the girls swim
towels. They put our rooms
adjacent to each other. The pool was small but clean. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed June 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the New River Comfort Inn because we were looking for a hotel that was close to our rafting trip meeting point. It was within 5 minutes which was very nice. When we checked in we were given a room which was pretty clean and on the first floor. I called the front desk to get an access code for wireless Internet, but no one answered. I then walked to the front desk but no one was there. I waited for about 10 minutes before saying screw it. Went back to the room and went to bed, or at least tried. It felt like you could hear everything everyone was saying in the whole hotel. Anytime someone would walk upstairs on the second floor, there were all kinds of loud creaking and pinging noises in the ceiling and it sounded like something was going to come through the ceiling at any moment. The beds were also some of the most uncomfortable beds I have slept in, the worst being in Mexico. For the price we paid I would expect more and and expect a little better breakfast as well. We'll deff stay somewhere else next rafting trip.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Smoke1664
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I requested a roll-away bed online and when I arrived they told me that they didn't have any even though it was a option. They mentioned they had air mattresses but they were all being used, so my daughter slept on the floor. I didn't realize they had a pool either, it was heated but full of leaves. Otherwise, the hotel was neat and clean. Close to white water rafting adventures and that is why we stayed there. Restaurants and stores right up the road.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley
Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley

Been to Comfort Inn New River? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn New River

Address: 801 Mall Rd, Oak Hill, WV 25901-6119
Location: United States > West Virginia > Oak Hill
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
Price Range: $67 - $99 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Comfort Inn New River 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn New River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.