“South American Menu with an Urban Gallery Setting”
Review of Mango

Mango
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I was totally not expecting Puerto Rico in Parkersburg, WV. My friend & I stopped in for lunch to check it out. The reviews are true! It's delicious, & according to my friend, who has spent some serious time in that part of the world, authentic. We decided to take a sampler approach. We ordered spicy, boneless wings (6.95), Carribean Nachos (6.95), & a Cuban sandwich (6.95). The waitress brought 2 plates & we sampled everything & it was amazing. The nachos were actually plantains & covered with loads of toppings. The walls are covered in paintings & it is very inviting. The perfect place for lunch!

There are newer reviews for Mango

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Mangos Bistro serves Cuban food, prepared by a Puerto Rican. Tere (Teresa) the owner and her husband, are wonderful persons, and great guests. I lived in Puerto Rico, for over twenty years, and I know the Puerto Rican and Cuban cuisine, inside out. Tere does a magnificant job, considering that it is difficult to get all the products and spices, you consistently need in the Mid-Ohio Valley, to prepare the food. Tere has a great culinary imagination, and I can't wait to see what her "especiales" are on Fridays. Two weeks ago she made "mofongo", which is a fried plantain a meal from Puerto Rico. It has to be made just right, to be tasty, and it was great. I thought that I had died and went to heaven, when Mangos opened. Oh, by the way. Mangos prepares a home made sangria, and Tere won't tell me the recipe. Its her grandmother's recipe according to Tere. Well. if she won't give me the family secret, I 'll just have to go tomorrow night!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you're a fan of Cuban /Latin food this is a must stop. We try the daily specials quite often and enjoy the atmosphere, service and authenticity of the food.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

It's great to have a Cuban restaurant in Parkersburg. I had never had Cuban fare and I loved it. The place was cute, modern and clean. Prices were pretty good. My only complaint wa the service. They were nice, but had no idea how to serve. I believe their servers lack much needed training. I would go back for the food alone.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Freshly prepared food, interesting seasonings, great atmosphere. They now have wine and the bottle we had was very good. Our host told us it was from the Devil's Cellar, ask him to advise you, he is very smart.

Been to Mango? Share your experiences!