“Great time!”

Mardi Gras Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nitro
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was a little worried with the reviews I heard before we came but the only complaint I have is that the walls in the rooms are very thin and it is loud at night. Didn't worry too much since it is a casino hotel and going to be some drunk late night people but you can hear everything out in the hallways. Other than that, it's a great place, everyone friendly, nice rooms, good service. We had a great time there.

Room Tip: Definitely try the 4th floor to see if any quieter, we were on the 3rd but already unpacked so didn...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lfixmeek

Reviewed December 18, 2012

What a great place to STAY N PLAY!!!!! Clean, quiet and comfortable with a delicious, diversified complimentary breakfast for overnight guests that stands WELL above the token continental cheapo bare bones route!!!!! VERY friendly personnel, complimentary valet and concierge service, FREE apples in a large bowl on the front desk!!!!
THEN, there's the casino. I've been to many, and have never had so much playing time because of playoffs n bonuses. They advertised while we were there each day that they'd paid out over a million dollars in bonus money. I didn't believe them til I began to play. A fun, friendly atmosphere where there's a great variety of slot machines with the same diversity of denominations as well as numerous gaming tables. Restaurants and eateries offer tasty food at reasonable prices served by smiling, friendly employees on a flexible time table.clean, well designed so you never feel crowded or cramped, even a gift shop with REASONABLY PRICED items!!!!!
I live in Maryland, and will visit here often not to mention go out of way if necessary to stay frequently at this hotel and play in their casino!!!,

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobertM662
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had people try to tell me that this would not be a good place for us to visit. My husband and I along with two good friends decided this would be a good adventure to try. "Good" is an understatement! The accommodations were excellent! All the people we came in contact with were very professional, pleasant, helpful and friendly. The room was exceptionally clean and very nice.The cook to order breakfast was especially good. The easy access to the casino right off the hotel was especially nice.The entire visit was great and we plan to visit again real soon!

Salena J., Garfield Heights, Ohio

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Salena J
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The staff was very professional, courteous and helpful. The cook to order breakfast was especially good. The room was exceptionally clean and the amenities were good. Certainly enjoyed the easy access to the casino. Valet and bell service was very prompt Entire visit was great

Room Tip: We had a room on the fourth floor, which was great because we had no one above us
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay - used frequent player perks from casino to pay for the room. Nice hot breakfast included. I liked security requiring room key to access hotel room area from the casino as well as the room itself. I frequent the casino and restaurants more than the hotel and agree with other reviewers on the casino restaurants -- it is hit or miss -- food is either outstanding or not very good, depending on day of the week. Thursday night prime rib or filet special is great, but you usually need to make reservations in advance.

Room Tip: If you prefer quiet, request the upper floor on far end.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

As a business traveler, I always struggle to find nice accommodations in charleston. I booked a night at the Mardi Graz because it was rated four stars and reviews were good. Problems started at check-in. The hotel website advertises a spa and has pictures of massages but when I asked for a spa menu, I got a rude response. The room was really nice and clean but right next to the elevators - and I agree with the prior reviewer: there is a TON of hallway noise. I went down to dinner - waitress was great but service was REALLY slow. At about 10, I tried to call for a non- feather pillow. Housekeeping was not available and I called the front desk. The front desk acted like I was putting them out and huffily told me that there was only one they could offer me in about 30 minutes. Not sure if I just hit a bad day or the B team, but it seemed like everything was a hassle with the staff. Otherwise, the facilities were great : clean rooms, nice pool and nice fitness room.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank KEMCA79
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I just got back from the Mardi Gras and I had a wonderful experience. I bought a 2-night pass with Groupon which was a steal! My husband and I had outstanding service from the time we called to make our reservation until we checked out. The hotel and our room was very clean and accommodating. The beds were so comfy. We stayed on the top floor and had no problem with any noise. The casino had fairly loose slots and the one, Sex in the City, was a blast! We at breakfast and dinner at the resort and the food was out of this world. I had the filet and it was one of the best I have eaten and the service was quite good. The hostess told us that there was going to be a 20 minute and she was right to the minute. I loved the saline pool and the fireplaces in the lobby. Everything was very convenient. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet. Ask for a room neat the elevator and you'll be in a great location for the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dianne201249680
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nitro
Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Cross Lanes
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South

Been to Mardi Gras Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!