“fun time”

Radford, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“fun time”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great rrip to the hotel and casino. Hotel staff was very helpful and stayting at the hotel made access to the casino very easy

Visited November 2012

Front Royal, Virginia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Nice and smoke free”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Nice, clean and smoke free ....however the cooking smells from the restaurants permeates the entire place,we could smell it on our clothes an hour after we left.It is convenient to the highway and we stopped in for a couple hours on our way home from Louisville.The slots are ok but the tables are great,I played roulette with a $5 limit on an empty table for an hour,the limit was $5 but you could place 5x one dollar bets so you can play conservatively for a good while.We really enjoyed ourselves and left with about $100 of their money.I would go their again

Visited October 2012
Arizona
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Nice little Casino--First Turn Restaurant was blah”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We wanted a meal and then gamble. We tried the First Turn Restaurant because the casino website showed it up pretty well. The restaurant is great for watching the dog races, but as a "restaurant" it is not good at all.

Hubby ordered the French Dip sandwich and I ordered the lasagna. We were the only ones here. About 13 minutes later, our waitress shows up saying, "the kitchen just told me we don't have any more lasagna". (13 minutes to find that out?) So I ordered the prime rib medium telling her I wanted it pink.

Our food came. My prime rib was all brown and tough. The "au jus" hubby and I had, had no flavor, very bland. My steamed veggies looked great (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower) but were so HARD/RAW as to be un-edible! The potato soup was good.

The only positive was that my meal came with a "free" dessert (messy cake) which was very good. You just got the feeling that this was a "restaurant" that wasn't really a restaurant...just a place to watch the dog races and get a "bite to eat".

The gambling was fine...sometimes you win, most times you lose...lol. and the casino itself, is attractive inside. The soda drinks (while gambling) are free, but you have to pay for any alcoholic items.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank teechur
Oak Hill, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Time at The Mardi Gras Casino in Cross Lanes WVa”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I like everything about this place. It's the only place i have ever liked so much. The people there are very helpful and caring.

Visited September 2012
cincinnati
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“good seafood buffet”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

just went for the seafood buffet, which was very good. friendly staff, good food, reasonable drinks.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank marajar

Been to Mardi Gras Casino? Share your experiences!