“Don't let the bed bugs bite”

Days Inn Mount Hope
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Hope
Reviewed August 6, 2010

My parents stayed at this Days Inn and within one hour were infested with bed bugs. They had to drive five hours in the middle of the night all the way home to Ohio in order not to drag the bugs to another hotel.

They were provided no towels and there was urine under the toilet seat.

When they informed the manager of the bed bugs he offered them another room or discount instead of offering to refund their money. They had to demand that their credit card not be billed. The lobby was full of people and there were few vacancies in the entire motel. Consequently, entire families were likely infested with flesh-eating bed bugs that night. The manager had no intention of addressing the problem. My parents called the local health department, but who knows what progress they will make.

Mom says this is the worst motel experience of her life. Both of my parents are leery of staying in any motel again. I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoshandChristina

Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed 1 night and got ~90 bed bug bites. Manager did not return phone calls. Worst experience I have ever had.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank bps4
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I picked the hotel because it was the least inexpensive, but it worked out perfectly! Was easy on/off main roads to all the attractions/sites we wanted to visit. The fridge/micro in room was a bonus, pool was nice, and continental breakfast was good. Actually quit a bit for the price. The room was pretty standard and the bathroom could use an update, but would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn of Mount Hope on our way to Myrtle Beach from Pennsylvania, so were only looking for somewhere to stop and sleep for a night-nothing special and boy did we get nothing special. They put us in the wrong room, when we had requested a king bed, they gave us 2 queen beds and when we asked for a king bed, the guy at the front desk acted like we were asking him for a kidney. Our bathroom was disgusting and it looked like there was blood on the floor. Our sheets had dirt on them and the room was overall not very pleasant. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular, however I have stayed in similarly priced hotels and found them to be pleasant and clean. Cleanliness should be a given...like I said keep driving or sleep in your car.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I picked this hotel sight unseen off the map as it was at the halfway point of our road trip. Interior was updated and room was clean. Breakfast could have used a little flair, but was fresh and stocked. Only thing that made me a little uneasy was the location - it was very easy to find off the interstate, however, it was kind of off by itself with not a lot of other hotels/restaurants immediately surrounding it. I was hoping for an exit not quite so desolate. Had some odd characters hanging out in the parking lot at night and again in the morning. But I guess that isn't the hotel's fault.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I have been staying at the Days Inn Mt. Veron W. Va. since 2004, when back then it was called the Ramada Inn. On my first vist in 2004, the hotel was old,dirty and in need of a major renovation. In 2005, it changed over to the Americas Inn, but still was in need of alot of upgrades. I recently stopped there again, Aug. 2009, and it had been changed to the Days Inn. I must say I was extremely impressed and satisfied with the hotel, service, and staff. I would strongly recommend staying there as it is clean,comfortable, easy access to the interstate and major attractions. Definately a ***** star in my book!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Stayed here on way back from Hilton Head after having problems finding any vacancy at other hotels i beckley. Was a bit hesitant at first not ever staying at a Days Inn before but was pleasantly surprised. The rack rate was $103 but knocked off about $40 with highway coupon(always look for discount coupons!) so I was happy. There was a indoor pool which was nice but crowded during our stay. The continental breakfast in the morning was packed and ok but chose to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel. The breakfast room was busy and unattended not much selection. The room was nice enough for the price and the hotel is advertised as being a year old or so. Some areas in the hotel are already showing some wear for such a new property so I wonder how nice it will be in a couple years. For now it is good value.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
#13 of 14 in Beckley
Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East

Been to Days Inn Mount Hope? Share your experiences!