I always try to write fair, informative, positive reviews, but I feel it necessary to let others know what they may experience at the Guest House.
When we arrived, there were no clean tables, and it took awhile for the table we chose to be cleared. Our waitress arrived to take our drink order, and when she returned, we ordered our food. We waited for the first course, and had to eventually ask for it.
Be warned, there is an overpowering, overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke. The doorway between the bar (where smoking is permitted) and the dining room (where it is not permitted) is a swinging-type door, and doesn't seal. Once we did get our entrée, I had very little appetite left, because of the smoke smell. I ate what I could, but just couldn't wait to get out of there. If/When we decide to have their food again, we will get an order to go. I have severe scent allergies, and by the time I left the restaurant, I could barely breathe, my eyes were red and almost swollen shut, and when I did get home, I had to leave my coat outside and then take a shower and wash my hair. Clothes immediately went into the washer.
On the plus side, our waitress was friendly, and helpful, but a little overwhelmed, with very little or no help. The food, what I was able to eat, was good. Not over the top, but decent, good food. If only they didn't have the cigarette smoke smell, I would go back. As it is, I won't go as long as they allow smoking .