“A diamond in the rough”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moundsville
Moundsville, West Virginia
“A diamond in the rough”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Such a nice place to stay in a town where you wouldn't expect such pleasing accomidations. I would recommend this to anyone who would be staying in the moundsville area for short or long term periods!

• Stayed January 2014
Joan G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Moundsville, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind words concerning our hotel. We work hard to make each guest as comfortable as we can. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as our guest any time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and I was very pleased with the service, the cleanliness, and breakfast. Everyone in the staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. I'd recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Carmen A. A.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Carmen, thank you for taking the time to fill out the Trip dvisor survey. We work hard to make each guest stay a comfortable one. We appreciate your kinds words and hope to see you again soon!
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been staying here for past couple months on an average four nights a week and have had a pleasant stay every time. Everything about this hotel is fantastic from modern clean rooms, great breakfast variety and a wonderful helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Damian B
Damian, we appreciate your kind words about our hotel, staff and services. Please know that your stay is very important to us. We hope to see you again soon!
Riverdale, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed a total of seven nights over two different periods. New hotel with the effective and supportive staff I have ever had in over the 1000's of hotel nights I have had in my career. As a semi-retired stage and handicap condition, makes my stays very unconventional, but that does not create a problem for the staff. Beginning with their Manager, Joni Grubler, down to every employee, they go out of their way to make you comfortable. The neat, clean and attractive decor, as well as their morning breakfasts only makes things equal to any five star rating. I strongly recommend that anyone needing a hotel in the area, to consider them first.

Mike Stora, SIT President

Room Tip: Handjcap rooms serve my needs.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael S
Thank you for your kind words. We strive to make each stay for all guests as comfortable and friendly as possible. We appreciate your support and hope to see you soon!
Lorain, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 or 3 nights a week for several months. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I spend a lot of time in hotels for business and often stay in the same hotel for several visits. This is one of the friendliest and nicest places I have ever stayed. I will be back in the area in the future and will definitely go back here.

Room Tip: They have King Suites that are roomy and very comfortable. It is nice to have a couch and coffee tab...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your kind words. As you know, we try to make each guest feel welcome as much as we can starting with our friendly staff, clean rooms and ending with a great breakfast! Hope to see you again soon!
Newark, Ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The area is experiencing a "boom" and this hotel is taking advantage of that. Because many rooms in Wheeling and St. Clairsville fill up during the week, some have to drive the 15 minutes to Moundsville. It's not exactly a great location either. I was charged over $120 for a room.

The glass door to the shower is neat, but it wouldn't shut all of the way and water got all over the place. I didn't see a guest directory folder, which I thought was standard in hotels.The check-in girl was not very friendly. I went to the desk late at night to ask for some towels and the girl at the desk was on her cell phone. She emerged from the back and acted shocked that a customer was there. In the morning, the front desk girls were flirting with some of male guests while the phone was ringing off the hook. In the hallways, none of the maids acknowledged me as I walked by.

Breakfast was ok. The biscuits were kind of hard though and orange juice bitter. They only had one type of jelly (mixed fruit). Most people like a variety. The coffee was out several afternoons during my stay.

The hotel is not awful, but given the unfriendly service and overpriced room, I will book earlier and stay in Wheeling or St. Clairsville next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vermonter3254
I appreciate that you took the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey. I apologize that you were unhappy with your stay. I hope that you will give us a chance to make your stay better. We truly use all comments to help make us a top hotel.
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is the new concept Sleep Inn. For anyone staying at choice hotels, I would recommend trying out one of these new Sleep Inns. This hotel had spotless rooms (we had two rooms), great pillows and solid mattresses. Management is hands on and the staff is engaging, helpful and enthusiastic. This has a top of the line breakfast including specialty teas and fresh cookies in the evening. It's located close to Wheeling, WV and Interstate 70. I would stay here again and recommend you try this hotel out.

SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT: None ... keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words concerning our Sleep Inn and its new prototype. We have worked really hard to make each guest have a comfortable, friendly stay. We hope that you stop by and see us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moundsville
Hampton Inn Wheeling
Hampton Inn Wheeling
#1 of 8 in Wheeling
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Martinsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 5 in New Martinsville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Martinsville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#2 of 5 in New Martinsville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Triadelphia

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Moundsville? Share your experiences!