“Good Choice”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed April 3, 2014

After a 550 mile trek from Myrtle Beach, this Microtel property was a welcome relief. Fresh cookies and access to tea and coffee was nice. The room was clean, nicely appointed. A full breakfast the next morning was a plus. Only complaints was that I could hear all too easily sounds and conversations in adjoining rooms which was annoying. Also, the lobby computer was not operational as I had hoped. Otherwise, a nice stay at an $80 rate....for that price I expected no hassles but overall a fair choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
WVUFan121060, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Hi Marilyn. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Thanks for commenting on the cleanliness of your room. We take great pride in providing each guest with a clean and comfortable environment. It’s our goal to guarantee an overall satisfying experience each time you visit.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Full Continental Breakfast before your departure. However, I am sorry that your neighbors were inconsiderately loud and annoyed you.
At Microtel Inn & Suites it all about YOU...our guest. Had we been made aware of the situation, we could have given them a courtesy call and asked them to tone it down a bit.

We certainly hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to the area,

Yours In Hospitality,

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown

Reviewed April 2, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We travel through Morgantown every year, and this is the first time to stay at Microtel... We arrived around 10pm and the first thing i noticed was the smell of cookies before i even entered the lobby! after 11 hours on the road, it was a gift!! My room was lovely, clean completely acceptable! I have every intention of coming back next year.. Thanks for making my stay lovely..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
WVUFan121060, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Hi Susan. Thank you for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham and rating your experience with 5 Stars! I am very pleased to hear that this was your first time to visit a Microtel Property, but even MORE excited to hear that you'll be back again next year. We love hearing that!

I sincerely thank you for making other Trip Advisor readers aware of the cleanliness and comfort of your hotel room. Our housekeepers take great pride in maintaining top-notch, cleanliness standards! I will make sure that I pass this compliment along to them. They enjoy hearing when their efforts are noticed.

I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy some of our freshly baked cookies upon your arrival. It's just a part of that special touch we try to offer. A lot of our guests will bypass the front desk, go sample a cookie and THEN check in. Like I have said in past responses...."Cookies bring out the "kid" in all of us!"

Once again,thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you next year!

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
WVUFan121060, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Reviewed March 29, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
WVUFan121060, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was on my way from Massachuesetts to Kentucky on business and had to find a place to stay for a night. I had done a little research before leaving and had a few locations in mind along the route. I decided on the Microtel Inn & Suites in Morgantown, WV. The reviews looked good and the Inn turned out to be just what I needed after a long days drive. The price was right, the room was small (cozy), clean and comfortable. We had a snow storm over night, the heater was on quite a bit and I must say it was probably the most quiet heater I have ever had in a room in my many years of travel. They have a nice liitle breakfast area and had some good breakfast sandwiches to heat and run with. It made getting back on the road quick and easy. I am keeping this stop in my GPS for any return trips to the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
WVUFan121060, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

The entire Hospitality Team would like to thank you for being our guest and also for taking the time to write such a nice review, as you had simply touched on each department. At Microtel Inn & Suites we take EVERY review very seriously, as they impact our entire team (good or bad) by providing the information that we need to know to run our business successfully.

We truly couldn’t be happier that your stay was what you had expected. Don't forget to program your GPS to stop at Microtel Inn & Suites in Morgantown when you're back this way.

We certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 28, 2014