“Average to good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Washington, Dc
“Average to good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I came into town to visit friends and introduce them to my boyfriend. After a poor experience with another hotel that i always stay at, I figured I would give Microtel a shot. Good value for the price. I travel a lot for work and stay at a lot of hotels so my expectations are pretty high.
The shower and toilet both needed a good cleaning and the furnishings were super cheap formica. The lighting was terrible. The heat was tough to regulate. Our room was not serviced but we were in there until about noon. All things considered, it was a solid budget hotel and for the price I don't think you can beat it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is important to us that all of our guests feel comfortable, safe and receive top of the line service.
We do hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip to Morgantown.

Tina Potts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed in room 121 on February 4th. I had no problem with the cleanliness of the hotel. The continental breakfast was excellent. A huge selection and quite a few hot items.

I really only had 5 problems:
-There was NO parking. I had to create my own space. Given, the city was shutting down because of a blizzard and the hotel seemed packed.
-I was given a handicapped room without being asked/told. I would have liked to have taken a bath. And the handicapped shower sucks.
-The hotel is loud. I could hear my neighbors on both sides talking.I worried my phone conversation would disturb them. Housekeeping is also very loud in the morning starting 4 hours before checkout. There was some weird noise inside the wall beside my bed. It sounded like a waterfall inside the wall.
-Although checkout time is noon, I felt like I was being rushed out. Housekeeping was knocking on doors at 8 AM and at 11:30 the desk called to "remind" me of checkout.
-Checking in was a pain in the butt. The room was reserved in my district manager's name. However, the hotel would not allow me to use her credit card number to pay for the room until she filled out a form and faxed in copies of her credit card.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is feedback such as yours that we strive to improve. I apologize that you were not informed that you were in an accesible room. Thank you for mentioning our extended continental breakfast and we are certainly glad that you will choose us agan!

Thank you!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family stayed here along with 7 other families for a softball tournament in the area. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was good. Jeremy (who was working the front desk Saturday night) was wonderful. He is very polite, personable, and accommodating. We have traveled as a group for the last 3 years staying in hotels at least 4 times a year and this is definately one of the best experiences we have had.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to mention Jeremy. We all agree he is a gem and is a pleasure to work beside. I also wanted to thank you for mentioning our breakfast and cleanliness. It was our pleasure to host your group and look forward to seeing you again!

Fayetteville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice place to stay.Close to WVU,shopping,& resturants.Clean,comfortable & good beds.Has a nice breakfast.They give you a warm welcome & the whole staff is friendly.Easy access from the highway,resturants beside hotel.Has free coffee 24/7.The hotel is pet friendly & has handicap rooms.

Room Tip: Any room facing the highway.