“Family stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Toronto Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed in a queen pet friendly suite, on the first floor and after a long drive from Hilton Head wanted a good night's sleep. The hotel does not have much sound proofing from the room to the hall and our room (101) was next to the exterior door, so heard guests coming and going throughout the night. The second issue we had was the heating unit programming on and off, which makes it difficult for some to sleep. On a positive note, the front desk staff was pleasant, upon our arrival. They recommended Charlie's Grill for dinner and we enjoyed a casual dinner there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I aplogize that noise caused an unsatisfactory stay. We strive in ensuring that each guest is completely comfortable, and I thank you for letting us know which heating unit played a factor in the noise concern.

We do hope to see you during your next trip through our wonderful city.

Tina Potts
Bedford, In
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My mother and I spent one night while traveling in Oct. It had never occured to me why they call them Microtel, but now I know that it is because they are so small. This had to be the smallest hotel room I have ever seen. It made me reminiscient of previous cruise quarters. The area set up for the breakfast was a narrow corridor with 2 tables sitting in the middle. You had to struggle just to get in , around, and back out with your food. Both of the 2 tables were full, so we had to eat in the lobby on the couch. We paid as much for this hotel as we did for larger Fairfield and Comfort Inns, so it was not cheap. On the positive, the hotel was spotlessly clean, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was good and the staff were polite. So if the small size is not a problem for you, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers.
I do apologize that our room was smaller than what was expected. We do have several room types available that are larger , such as two queens and our suites. The next time you are passing through please contact me so I can possibly upgrade you to one of our other rooms.

Tina Potts