“Missy at the front desk was a great help”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Due to some unexpected delays we arrived late in Morgantown and had to do the ususal hunt for a room. After looking over a couple of other hotels in the area we arrived at Microtel. Our initial impression was favorable and was made more so by Missy at the front desk. The rooms were clean and quiet and the breakfast was reasonable. Our experience was excellent and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for such a great review! we pride ourselves on the service and cleanliness that we provide. It's also great to hear that Missy was helpful! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Morgantown!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had such a pleasant experience with a young man at the front desk while staying at this hotel. He was helpful in directing me to a good place to eat and also was a very genuine young man. Hats off to Seth who was a total pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for recognizing Seth. We take great pride in the the service that we provide.
i will share your comments with Seth, he will be happy to know that he made a difference!.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Super nice staff and updated clean room. No fluff, but I was only there from midnight til 7 am so I wasn't looking for anything but a nice bed, clean-fresh-quiet room for the night. $25 charge for my pet but I was also given a super discounted rate as a state employee so it all "washed out" in the end. Thanks Microtel.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. After the first night, they had to move our room due to an "emergency water issue". Well, they didn't notify us (although they had our telephone number) that they were moving our personal belongings into another room. Somehow, my iPOD went "missing". I reported it to the Assistant General Manager, but she didn't seem to believe that it was stolen - told me I must have "lost" it. This is an iPOD that I've had for at least 8 years, have taken it with me EVERYWHERE, and I had it up until this trip. It went missing sometime after they moved our belongings without our permission. I wrote it off as a loss until we came back to our room - the SAME day that we reported the iPOD missing to the Asst. Mgr.) and the door to our room was OPEN! It was after 3:00 PM, our room had already been cleaned, yet our door was open. We again went to the manager who refused to call the police. So we did and they came and took a report. Someone there has sticky fingers and rifles through your belongings. We couldn't even leave our room to get dinner for fear that someone would come back into our room during our absences and take something else. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!! We will never stay there again. And the customer care line for this chain is useless as well, so probably won't stay at any Microtel again, ever!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz B
Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

I am sorry that you were less than satisfied with your 5 day stay at our hotel and that we failed in conveying to you how seriously we take the security of our guests and their personal belongings. In the rare instance where we have to move a guest's belongings and are unable to contact the guest, we require that two people, including at least one manager, be present at all times. I apologize that you feel this policy was insufficient to protect your belongings. We are always looking for ways to improve our operations and appreciate your feedback which will be reviewed with our staff.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was my 2nd stay at this hotel. It is in a good location to everything in Morgantown. The mall, movies, and places to eat are practically next door. The service is always nice and friendly. I booked this a 2nd time because my 1st experience when passing through was so good. When I got to my room, it was not what I had booked and had not been clean. I quietly told the front desk person and they apologized then upgraded me to a suit, which I was not expecting.I told him I appreciated it but it wasn't necessary. They insisted and made my impression of the hotel even better then it was before.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

We are so happy that you chose to stay with us again, and thank you for the kind comments. I apologize that the room that you were checked into was not ready but am glad that we were able to not only correct our mistake but to do it with you leaving completely satisifed.
We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hotel is ok and would stay again if rates were better. Paid $149 + taxes here and the night before Paid $79 in Gassaway WV. The Gassaway location was much cleaner. Back to this hotel; Mattresses need replaced or at least turned, rooms are pretty clean. Breakfast area wasn't kept up very well, tables needed wiping down and they were out of coffee. Biggest issue to many $ for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I do apologize for the issues that you had during your stay and welcome the opportunity to review them with the staff and management of the hotel. It's comments such as yours that allow us to continuously improve.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We spent the night here while visiting WVU. It was a nice, pet friendly hotel. It was a bit of a drive to campus but it was convenient to Interstate 79. The breakfast was OK and the room was comfortable. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family