“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Birmingham, UK
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I enjoyed my 3 day stay at this Microtel Inn. I booked a Queen room but ended up with a double Queen room. Handily placed off I-79, it's at the bottom off the hill that leads to Morgantown Mall, so no noise from either the Freeway or the Mall.

It took less than 15 minutes to drive into downtown Morgantown.

The room was well appointed, the bed was comfy and there was no noise from any other rooms, even though the place seemed fairly busy. The wifi worked well enough.

As with other reviews, I agree about the small breakfast area. As to its contents, it was fine for what it was.

I was happy with my stay and would stay there again on a return visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New Holland, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband, 2 kids and I stayed here 1 night on our way home from Indiana. What a great hotel for the price. The staff is very friendly and were able to give us a pack and play for our 1 year old upon arrival. The room was very, very clean (this was the first thing I checked as our stay in another hotel during our vacation, we had a big issue with how filthy our room was). Breakfast was good. They don't have the biggest selection and as other people mentioned, there are only 2 small tables. But it was adequate enough for my family and I. I would definitely stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I walked in the microtel and got a room. This was a very clean room. It was late when I arrived and in the morning when I went to breakfast the assistant manager Traci asked be how my stay was and talked to me over a cup of coffee. I've never stayed anywhere where the manager made me feel like I was home. I will recommend the microtel to all my friends.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind review. I am glad to hear that you felt as if you were at home. this is exactly how we want each of our guests to feel. I appreciate that you included Traci's name in your posting. I can't wait to share it with her.
We look forward to serving you again, and your friends!
Stryker, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I waited too long to book my normal motel in Morgantown, and this was the highest rated motel still available.
The room rate was quite high for such minimal lodging. The rooms are incredibly small, with no microwave or fridge, no built in closet (although there is a free standing unit), and very little room to set a laptop - you need to place coffee service on floor to use the small shelf as a desk. The HVAC unit is built into a flat area with a cushioned top that can be used to place your luggage and such, but the cushion prevents it from being used as a flat surface for the coffee service or laptop. It also may have been responsible for the strange behavior of the HVAC unit and its inability to hold a constant temperature.
When checking in I inquired about connecting to the wireless internet, and was lead to believe that it is out of service on a regular basis. It worked for a bit, then quit for the rest of my stay. The front desk stated that neither they nor the service provider had any idea when it would be repaired. It was suggested that I try Panera Bread for internet access. That was not an option for me, but at least they offered an alternative.
The parking lot was overly full, with cars parked in areas that did not have marked spaces, so if the motel is heavily booked you may find yourself in a parking quandary.
All in all, the room was clean, the room was quite, and the bed was comfortable. This would be a decent place to stay at half the cost of ~$130 per night.
I was informed that suites are available for a roomier stay, but there are usually better places available for the same cost as a micro room, and it would seem that the suites would be proportionally more costly.
Several guests were observed booking rooms for the following week, so perhaps they have reasonable weekly rates for longer term stays.
This was listed as pet friendly, but a normal room won't fit 2 people, so evidently you should have a micro-sized pet.
Interstate access is right around the corner, and a Bob Evans is across the drive. A short jaunt down the interstate gains access to a number of restaurants and shopping opportunities.

Room Tip: A suite should be larger, but not certain of the amenities or additional cost.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed here May 10 - this was the second time in a year to stay here on our way to Orlando. Nice, clean and reasonable place to stay.

• 4 of 5 stars
Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to see our guests return. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip!
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have a renewed faith with microtel upon discovering this hotel located at exit 152 from i-79. We asked to see a room and told the front desk manager Tina Potts that we had a bad experience in Georgia at a microtel. I have to say that these people in Morgantown know what customer service is and take itto a new level. Not only were we impressed with the cleanliness of the room but just walking into the lobby you could tell this was a good choice. They even have a little sign in the bathroom saying that if you forgot something ask the front desk for which i did about a razor.This location will now be on my yearly stay headed home. GREAT JOB.....

• 5 of 5 stars
I remember you and your lovely wife well! Thank you for your kind words! I am happy to know that we were able to assist you in your re-newed faith with our brand. We all look forward to serving you again during your next visit through Morgantown!
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

On our most recent trip to Florida we stopped at this hotel on the advice of a friend. We had never used Microtel and had no idea what to expect. As advertised the room was quite "micro" but it was very clean and inviting. The only real complaint is that the lobby where breakfast was served was also "micro"- so much so that there were only 3 or 4 tables and we ended up eating some toast on the run. That being said, the room was fine, the customer service excellent and overall quality very good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We are glad that you found our service excellent and your room clean and inviting. I do apologize for the limited seating in our breakfast area. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Florida!
TIna Potts