I waited too long to book my normal motel in Morgantown, and this was the highest rated motel still available.
The room rate was quite high for such minimal lodging. The rooms are incredibly small, with no microwave or fridge, no built in closet (although there is a free standing unit), and very little room to set a laptop - you need to place coffee service on floor to use the small shelf as a desk. The HVAC unit is built into a flat area with a cushioned top that can be used to place your luggage and such, but the cushion prevents it from being used as a flat surface for the coffee service or laptop. It also may have been responsible for the strange behavior of the HVAC unit and its inability to hold a constant temperature.
When checking in I inquired about connecting to the wireless internet, and was lead to believe that it is out of service on a regular basis. It worked for a bit, then quit for the rest of my stay. The front desk stated that neither they nor the service provider had any idea when it would be repaired. It was suggested that I try Panera Bread for internet access. That was not an option for me, but at least they offered an alternative.
The parking lot was overly full, with cars parked in areas that did not have marked spaces, so if the motel is heavily booked you may find yourself in a parking quandary.
All in all, the room was clean, the room was quite, and the bed was comfortable. This would be a decent place to stay at half the cost of ~$130 per night.
I was informed that suites are available for a roomier stay, but there are usually better places available for the same cost as a micro room, and it would seem that the suites would be proportionally more costly.
Several guests were observed booking rooms for the following week, so perhaps they have reasonable weekly rates for longer term stays.
This was listed as pet friendly, but a normal room won't fit 2 people, so evidently you should have a micro-sized pet.
Interstate access is right around the corner, and a Bob Evans is across the drive. A short jaunt down the interstate gains access to a number of restaurants and shopping opportunities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Less than a mile from I-79, this unfussy hotel is 3 miles from West Virginia University and 5 miles from Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium, home of the West Virginia University football team. Bright, casual rooms come with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and coffeemakers. Upgraded rooms include microwaves and minifridges. Suites add sofabeds. Kids age 17 and under stay at no extra charge. Freebies include continental breakfast, evening snacks and parking. Pets are welcome for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Morgantown Hotel Morgantown
- Microtel Inn And Suites Morgantown