“Excellent”
Review of Sargasso

Sargasso
Reserve with OpenTable
Sargasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 289 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Locally owned and operated, we strive to provide the premiere dining experience in the region by utilizing ingredients of the highest quality from local to international with each season. During dinner service, we offer both a multi-course upscale dinner menu and a bistro menu with plates under $15. Our culinary team is led by a duo of experienced chefs -European-trained Austrian native Chef Thomas Metzler and local talent Chef Dave Halterman. We are honored by Wine Spectator for having one of the most outstanding wine lists in the world. The Sargasso family takes great pride in offering our guests world-class service in a hospitable and inviting atmosphere.
Fairmont, West Virginia
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We had a business meeting and the food,service,wine and atmosphere were spot on..will be back...thank you

• Visited August 2014

“Lunch”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

I had lunch with several girlfriends for a Bridal Lunch. It was a small group of 13. We had called ahead to reserve the table, everyone reviewed the menu before hand. The good was average but our waitress was a very unhappy individual. She seemed to be bothered when we Sk for coffee or water. Plus it took 30 min to get our checks after we had asked for them.
Good food poor service which always makes me have thoughts of not going back or recommending the restaurant.

2 Thank Ann D
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Too expensive for what we received”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The food was really good but not for the prices. The decor was not very modern. The economical bottle of wine I selected was unavailable so they replaced it worth another and I stupidly assumed they'd be so kind as to replace with a like priced bottle but when I received the check it was 4 times the price! That was poor customer service in my book. I ordered maple teriyaki glazed halibut and barely tasted the glaze. It was mostly a boring piece of fish. My boyfriend loved his filet and lobster tail and the fire and ice lava cake dessert was divine. Overall it was over priced in my opinion.

3 Thank Julie S
Naples, Florida
“Good Choice for this Lunch Bunch”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I booked lunch reservations for 15 and found the restaurant easily accommodated our group in a private room. Each chose a different dish and all were pleased. The service was very good and the wait staff allowed us to talk and stay for a very long lunch without feeling rushed.

This is an improvement over our last visit, and I was pleased.

Morgantown, West Virginia
“Nice changes”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had not visited Sargasso for a while because we had a few mediocre meals in a row, except for the apps. We visited last night. My husband had pork chops that had blueberries on it. He was very pleased as the meat was succulent. I had the "Perfect Salmon" which was not on the menu the last full meal we had there. It was cooked perfectly and blended well with the sides. We won't shy away from there again. Our service was very good, too. The only negative was that things were a little slow for a week night.