“Great luncheon spot” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sargasso

Sargasso
Reserve with OpenTable
Sargasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 285 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Morgantown
“Great luncheon spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Recently had lunch with a long-time business colleague. We will seated and served almost immediately. I had the crab cake sandwich on a house made bun and accompanying salad. Crab was very generous with little filler and was pan sauteed, rather than deep fried like most places. Salad was mixed greens garnished with Parmesan cheese and was quite generous. Colleague had a cup Venetian fish soup and found it to be excellent. We were not rushed with our meal, unlike many Morgantown restaurants during lunch. It appears to be a great business lunch spot.

• Visited February 2014

Naples, Florida
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Sargasso's is probably the best restaurant in Morgantown. The wait staff is usually helpful and friendly and the food is usually superb. Not tonight.

My friend and I had early reservations giving us plenty of time to attend a sporting activity. We were greeted and ushered to our table. As we ordered, we mentioned that we needed to leave quickly to get to the game. Our orders were taken, bread arrived and we waited, and waited.

After 45 minutes passed, there was still no food. We only ordered an entree with no soup or salad, and there were only about 15 people at the early seating. We reminded the waitress that we were in a hurry, and after one hour our food appeared. I ordered a new item on the menu, a Caribbean chicken with rice and plantains. It arrived on a cold plate. The chicken and accompanying sauce had little flavor, the food was barely warm.

We finally finished after an hour and a half. The waitress offered a dessert for us to take home to make amends for the meal. We politely declined and left for our game that had already started.

It pains me to write this evaluation of a usually wonderful restaurant, but this was probably the worst experience I have ever had at Sargasso's.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A T
Charleston, West Virginia
“Solid Choice, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I ate here with two business associates based on the recommendation of a local businessman, and I was not dissappointed by this upscale restaurant located out of town and away from campus. The atmosphere and service were very good, actually better than I expected. Two of us had the salmon, and the other had the chicken breast. We were all pleased, and my salmon was nicely plated and cooked to perfection. I also enjoyed the risotto served with it.

I intend to go back at my next opportunity.

• Visited September 2013
Morgantown
“Great anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have come here for our anniversary for the past few years. We are never disappointed. The special salmon was so awesome. they said it was a new way of cooking it. Oh My Gosh. It melted in your mouth. The atmosphere is always quiet and cozy. The waitstaff is always super attentive but not going over the edge. Would recommend for any occassion.

• Visited December 2013
York, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here each year for the past couple of years and have never been disappointed. Our latest lunch included a seafood crepe that was rich and flavorful, with every bite containing either shrimp, scallops, or lobster. Truly delicious. The chicken tortilla soup was a spicy hearty stew full of shredded chicken and vegetables. Will continue to return here!

Visited December 2013