“Very Disappointing!”

Richwood Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My overall feeling about Richwood Grill is that they are trying to be something they are not. The menu reads like a dream for adventurous eaters who want to try something new or different. But it just didn't seem like the skill level of the chef/cook could live up to the ambitious menu. My husband and I went out to the Richwood Grill on a rare night out without children. We had heard good things about the Richwood Grill, and were very much looking forward to our meal and had high expectations. I am very sorry to say that our experience did not live up to the hype. From the beginning service was slow, it took at least 15 minutes just to get our drinks but we were willing to overlook that as long as the food was good. My husband ordered blackened trout and I ordered an eggplant dish w/ peanut sauce. My husband's blackened fish was more like burnt fish rendering it practically inedible. When he said something to the server about it, he had many excuses from the chef, like we didn't understand how blackened fish was supposed to be prepared. As for my egglant dish, more of the same. I could barely even find the eggplant drowning in the massive amount of peanut sauce piled on top of it. The eggplant was extremely mushy and I only took a few bites of the dish before almost becoming physically ill at the taste, site and smell of it. Wanted to love this place, but it just didn't live up to any of our expectations. Only redeeming quality of this place is a the great outdoor deck and view and the extensive and varied selection from the bar.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Loved my dinner tonight of grilled tofu and saffron rice. The view is what makes this place sing and I love to sit outside and look at the city. Great wine list interesting cocktails, only con.. Desserts a little weird. However.. If you like to drink dessert the expresso martini is fab

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Four years. Four years and we didn't know???? Excellent atmosphere, trendy, hip, cool. Awesome food prepared with LOCAL and FRESH ingredients! Our party had the pasta which was feather light and homemade, scallops that were delicate and tasty and a farm raised steak. Fantastic service, and amazing food makes this a MUST visit!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The food was delicately prepared. I like that they obain the ingredents locally and that they serve fresh ingredients. The drinks have a good selection and the food is nicely prepared. I remember the bread was yummy. The beef is perfectly cooked

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Chef Marion is a miracle man with food. Delicious, beautiful, eclectic, satisfying, and an advocate of local food with an international flair. I would want him to cook for me on my death row meal!