“Locally Sourced and Heaping Portions, Oh My!”

Jameson's Pub & Eatery
Ranked #199 of 295 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Was meeting a friend in downtown Morgantown and thought we would try this new place out. Overall, it was great.

The interior of the restaurant is really clean looking, with most of the materials used being locally sourced. There are lots of different nooks and alcoves where you may be seated, it's kind of neat.

The menu has a wide variety of standard pub fare with some Irish-inspired dishes. The portions are enormous. I seriously dare you to order the chicken tenders and not drop your jaw when they bring the platter to your table. I enjoyed my mushroom and swiss burger very much.

Service was generally pretty good, but there were some awkward pauses where I ran out of soda and where it took a long time to get take out boxes (which you'll probably need).

In another month, I'm sure they'll be 5-stars all around. Right now they're a solid 4. It was good to see a decent sized crowd coming in because I think they really do deserve local support and, because of their attempt to locally source as much as they can, I think they make a good spot to drop by if you're not from around Morgantown.

2  Thank eightwednesday