“Perfect stay”

Residence Inn Morgantown
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed March 21, 2007

we stayed for a night while our family checked out the university. We got a 2 bedroom unit for a Sunday night. We were impressed and happy with everything. The breakfast was varied and good, while the servers asked if everything was okay a few times. They refilled things as needed. There was cereal, toast, pancakes, make your own waffles, muffins, eggs, bacon, ptatoes, juices, teas, coffee, fruit, cottage cheese, etc More than we could ask for.
The beds were very comfortable, the rooms clean, a nice sized kitchen and table, with complimentary bag of popcorn and coffee amenities. If you stayed a while, you had a nice kitchen to cook in .
We swam in the pool, they have a hot tub, fitness room with a few machines, outside enclosed basketball hoop area, and free laundry room.
We will definately be back! Also, the location would be awesome for a WVU football game, it's right across the street.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank ccarljc
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Morgantown

Reviewed March 8, 2007

My husband and I stayed overnight at this hotel while in town for a WVU basketball game. The hotel is very nice and clean. The beds are comfortable. The employees at the hotel are also very helpful and friendly.

The only thing that could have been better was the complimentary breakfast. I picked up two of the fresh fruit cups to take back to our room, only to discover that they were expired and sour. As another poster mentioned, the eggs were not very good. My husband and I don't eat pork, so I can't comment on the bacon that was available.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2007

This is a great hotel. The price is reasonable and the location is excellent if you have business at the hospital (like I did) or want to go to a game (stadium across the street). But the best part is the amenities that this hotel provides. They provide a hot breakfast AND dinner. The dinner was very nice both nights I was there with a meat dish, vegetable and starch AND wine and beer or lemonade and iced tea. Coffee and hot water is always availible. If you are there for a long time, they will provide grocery shopping for you to keep in your room. Just give them a list and they will provide it the same day. The rooms are very clean, they have free internet connections, it is quiet, they have a pool and they have about every t.v. channel known to man. I swear, I might never have left the hotel if I didn't have to get out to go to work. Oh, and everyone I met was very friendly. What more could you ask for?

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank twigaChicago
Reviewed August 18, 2006

We just returned from our stay at the newest hotel in Morgantown, WV--The Marriott's Residence Inn. I booked this hotel by chance as it was nearby to where my oldest son had moved for school and work. We stayed in room 126, which was a studio that had a little kitchen (even a dishwasher) , pullout sofabed, desk, king bed, dining table, plus other furniture as well. The room was large, clean and beautifully appointed. Upon arrival staff greeted us cheerfully telling us about the hotel's many amenities which included a free hot buffet for breakfast (freshly made waffles too) and a nightly dinner buffet (during the week only.) There was also a popcorn machine in the lobby, which my younger son was happy to see. They also had coffee/tea 24 hrs in the breakfast room. There was internet access and free newspapers in the lobby too. We hit the pool and gym, everything was kept perfectly clean. My son also enjoyed the basketball court. I believe you can play tennis on it too. With our AAA discount we paid $123.00 for a night (stayed for 2.) We couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel, not a complaint could be found. I'd recommend it to everyone and anyone coming to Morgantown for a stay. It's centrally located too--near campus, hospitals, restaurants, etc.... I wish I had taken a pic of the inside of my room..next time for sure. We will definitely be returning to this hotel in the near future. If you're in Morgantown, WV, give it a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Linda

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank islandreaming
Reviewed August 15, 2006

I am a frequent visitor to Morgantown, but I was not aware that a new Residence Inn had been built in the hospital/stadium area until I called the reservations number the evening I needed the room.

We had a two night stay (Aug 11 & 12) and thoroughly enjoyed the sparkling clean, fresh, studio room. My rate was $123 (AAA).

The property has a beautiful indoor pool and a half-court basketball court outside. The hotel is new and clean; very pleasant overall.

If you stand outside the property you see the football stadium just a very short walk away. Same with the hospital. NIOSHA (I might have those initials wrong) is directly across Don Nehlen Drive.

About the only "negative" thing for me were the watery, scrambled eggs for breakfast that tasted more like watered down egg-substitutes than real eggs.

Very good staff friendliness. The staff repeatedly greeted me personally and made me feel welcomed.

Well, I feel a bit guilty about rating. The hotel probably deserves an "Excellent" rating. I just personally think of those as the full-service resort or big-city hotels.

I'm not a football fan, but if you are, this is THE place for you. Just walk across the street!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple