“Nice and convenient”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Austin, Texas
“Nice and convenient”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our daughter had an interview for her hospital residency in Morgantown. This hotel couldn't be more conveniently located, because it is right across the street from the the Eye Institute and the hospital.
There is free wifi (though the connection was not that great for our room in the 4th floor) and free breakfast. The parking lot is also very convenient, and not too crowded. The room is clean and relatively large for a Marriott Inn. We paid around $150 a night for our weekend room in the month of October. Lots of families with young children were staying there at the time. There is also a small gym, a small indoor swimming pool and a small laundry room. The service is friendly. Most particularly, you can stay over night with your own pets! Overall, it is a nice hotel, excellent for families with kids, and for us, a nice experience.

Room Tip: If you want good wifi connection, do not stay in a higher floor room!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
West Virginia
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this RI twice now and had pretty much the same experience. Rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable. The hotel as whole is very clean. Very nice area across street from WVU Hospitals and Milan Puskar Stadium. Restaurants, bars, CVS, Walgreens and big grocery store hop skip & jump away. Great location. This RI gets a lot of guests since they opened and I like that they have kept it clean, new looking and inviting.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived very late and luckily they had a room available. Room was spacious, hotel is in a good location. Free breakfast was nice. There is a lot of parking but you may end up walking a little bit if you arrive late. I would recommend this hotel if going to Morgantown.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Overall, this is a nice place. Everything seemed very clean, the staff was very friendly. Parking was easy. Internet was fast & easy. The room layout (1 bedroom suite) was excellent! No cutting through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. The full kitchen was great.

It is a ways off of the Interstate, and even our GPS had issues getting back with the curvy roads in town.

Overall, we would certainly stay again... just plug it into your GPS!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank professorroyhinkley
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my second visit to Morgantown in the last six months and once again, I stayed at the fabulous Residence Inn and once again I had a great visit! This is a very well managed hotel. It is extremely clean and the rooms are well appointed. the rates include a free breakfast buffet and an evening social hour as well. All the staff are very professional. I had a meeting here over coffee with a local resident who had not visited the hotel before and she said " It seems like the staff have been to hotel school!" YES - they are competent, friendly, and professional. There is an exercise room and a lovely indoor pool as well and this hotel is centrally located in MT. I would not stay anywhere else now in Morgantown after these two great visits!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the other side from the hospital
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Back again for our annual family gathering near Morgantown. The two-bedroom suite at the Residence Inn is the perfect place to stay. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Beds are a little soft, and housekeeping is definitely inconsistent, but the overall experience is as good as one can expect in a small city in WV. Breakfast is good! Parking is easy. The only real challenge is scoring a two-bedroom suite for a short stay, but Leah Carbone (new sales manager) will do whatever she can to make it happen.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Frederick MD
Reviewed August 17, 2013

After a horrifying night in another hotel, I booked here for one night. I was chatting with the pleasant woman at the front desk to see if I could check in early, and told her that my mother, 87 with dementia and cancer, was coming to spend the night with me. I was so glad to be there after my previous night's experience. She upgraded my suite and checked me in right then. The room was very clean, the towels nice and thick, and the bed was comfortable. I was able to have my mother come over early. Because the front room was so spacious, when my daughter came with her children for a brief visit, we didn't feel like we were stepping on each other. I could easily see that a long term stay would be comfortable in that suite. The kitchen was fully supplied and had a dishwasher. The table had two comfortable chairs. The couch was full size with a pullout bed that was not the most comfortable but tolerable. Since I slept on the couch bed, that was the only drawback. The parking was plentiful and the staff was great. It was a lovely evening for my mother, and I am grateful that the shower had a sturdy handicap bar for her. The parking was plentiful and breakfast offered many choices hot and cold. I did not try the restaurant or room service so I cannot rate them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo